Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
We are seeking a highly capable and enthusiastic Associate Scientist to work with a multidisciplinary group of engineers and scientists to support the development of novel Process Analytical Technologies (PAT). The Associate Scientist will be responsible for independently executing microscopy-based and cell selection experimentation. The candidate will additionally be expected to execute T cell culture experiments using a combination of scale-down models and manufacturing scale bioreactors.
The successful candidate will:
- Work within a multi-disciplinary environment towards novel applications of Process Analytical Technologies
- Independently design experiments, analyze data and draft technical reports to communicate key conclusions
- Independently execute multi-parametric cell sorting and flow cytometry experiments
- Perform brightfield and fluorescence imaging-based experiments
- MS in Biology, Immunology, Biological Engineering or relevant discipline with 1-3 years of relevant research experience or BS with 4-6 years of relevant research experience
- Demonstrated independence in experimental design, execution, data analysis and troubleshooting
- In-depth understanding and experience in multi-parametric cell sorting and flow cytometry
- Prior experience in brightfield and fluorescence microscopy
- Prior experience with mammalian cell culture, preferably with primary cells
- Demonstrated ability to apply good scientific method
- Prior experience with cell selection, T cell activation, cell washing, lentiviral transduction, and cryopreservation
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Prism (Graphpad), FlowJo analysis software and statistical programs for data analysis (JMP)
- Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills
- Driven individual that works well independently and within a multidisciplinary team