Location: San Diego, California, United States
Job Category: Technical Development
Work Location: 10300 Campus Point Drive 92121
Employee Status: Full-time
Job Type: Regular
We seek an experienced drug-hunter with a proven track record of success. Candidates will be highly motivated and accomplished medicinal chemists with experience in the pharma / biotech sectors. The successful candidate will lead an early drug discovery team and manage matrixed project teams charged with delivering drug candidates. She/he will contribute to a variety of programs by setting strategies, priorities, and driving critical path drug discovery objectives. Not being bound by disease area or therapeutic modality creates a very dynamic, exciting and creative environment where the successful chemist will interface with an outstanding team of scientists in biology, biochemistry, structural biology, computational biology and translational development.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Independently design, plan, execute, and interpret complex activities to identify pharmaceutical candidates.
- Collaborate proficiently with internal and external chemists to overcome synthetic challenges and expedite the invention of novel molecules.
- Productively interact with cross-functional scientists and communicate progress against goals in a multi-disciplinary setting: chemistry, biology, pharmacology, modeling, and external collaborators.
Skills / Knowledge Required:
- Ph.D. in organic or medicinal chemistry with at least 6 years of relevant industry experience preferred. Demonstrated high impact problem-solving as evidenced by publications and patents.
- Experience in synthetic methods development, target-oriented synthesis, chemical biology, and/or physical organic chemistry.
- Highly collaborative, self-motivated individual with a strong desire to learn.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Other Characteristics & Traits:
- Demonstrates cross-functional scientific knowledge
- Sought as a scientific expert
- Aligns science and functional area goals with over-arching business strategies
- Able to offer potential solutions and next steps for complex problems
- Works independently and as part of a team
- Intentional direct and/or indirect mentorship of other scientists
COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions.
"At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients."
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.