Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Job Category: Technical Development
Work Location: 400 Dexter Ave N. 98109
Employee Status: Full-time
Job Type: Regular
In this individual contributor, lab-based role, the Research Associate will work in a collaborative environment to perform process analytics testing to support Celgene’s development programs. This position will report to the head of Cell-Based Assay Group, joining a subgroup within Analytical Core. The incumbent will join an analytical testing group that values data quality, high productivity and teamwork. Key responsibilities include:
- Execution of multiplexed cell-based assays (killing assays, mixed lymphocyte reactions, ELISA, Luminex etc.)
- Execution of multiparameter Flow cytometry (Phenotypic, functional assays, etc.)
- Data analysis and reporting with an emphasis on high-quality data and quick turnaround
- Improve current methods and processes to increase throughput and efficiency within the analytical core group
- Work with partners in a matrix group structure to support assay development and assay transfer
- Timely and thorough documentation of experiments in an Electronic Laboratory Notebook
- Author reports detailing experimental work and summarizing results
- Order, track, and maintain inventory of lab supplies and reagents
- BS in a scientific discipline with 1-3 years (1+ years with MS) of relevant lab experience
- Solid knowledge of immunology and cell biology techniques and data analysis
- Ability to work in a self-driven, fast-paced team environment and prioritize work from multiple projects within a flexible work schedule
- Demonstrated experience with aseptic technique and cell-based assays
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficiency utilizing MS Office products
- Detail oriented with strong scientific technical writing and presentation skills
- Trained in multiparameter flow cytometry as well as FlowJo and JMP analysis
- Prior experience handling and analyzing primary human T cell function and phenotype in a high-throughput setting.
- Familiarity with development and/or commercialization of cell-based therapeutics.
COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions.
"At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients."
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.