Location: Munich, Germany
Job Category: Sales and Marketing
Work Location: Joseph-Wild-Strasse 20 81829
Organization: Business Unit Director
Employee Status: Full-time
Job Type: Regular
Join our team as Business Unit Director (m/f/d), Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and help us deliver truly innovative and life-changing medications to our patients worldwide.
Under the direction of the General Manager, this individual will be responsible for the establishment and commercial success of overall MS business unit. This individual will lead within a matrix organisation, a cross-functional team consisting of sales, marketing, market access and medical affairs to develop and execute the strategy and tactics for Celgene MS products in Germany.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining marketing, sales and medical affairs strategies and tactics for Celgene’s MS products (including new indications) portfolio to meet organizational objectives.
• Foster a leadership culture, which attracts, develops and retains high caliber candidates, helping to build and shape a marketing, sales and medical affairs talent pool that will drive the future success of the organization.
• Responsible for the national patient and sales forecast/budget target of Celgene’s MS products portfolio; reports any deviation without any delay to the management team and implements corrective and agreed actions if appropriate.
• Manage the MS Business Unit Sales & Expense Budget. Delivery of all marketing, sales, and medical affairs activities within agreed budget. Direction of marketing, sales, and medical affairs staff where budgets are devolved.
• Work with the international team to develop & execute the overall brand strategies & operating plans for Celgene’s MS portfolio
• Work with the international team to arrive at a coherent international program that medically supports efforts on the national level including activities of the Medical Research Liaison team, medical education and Advisory Boards. Participate in activities leading to an optimal and proactive management of Key Opinion Leaders.
• Initiate and evaluate customer research (market research), market conditions, competitor data and implements marketing plan changes as needed.
• Ensure that all promotional materials and projects are in accordance with Standard Operating procedures (SOP) and promotional Materials are in line with the agreed marketing strategy and applicable national guidelines on promotion.
• Establish relationships with identified Key Opinion Leader’s (KOL), Brand Advocates, cooperative groups and key external audiences like payors and patient advocacy groups.
• Ensure ongoing efforts to maximize Sales Force Effectiveness while accurately and promptly report all sales force activities in the sales reporting system
• Develop required qualitative and quantitative reports; collates competitor information within Celgene regulations
• Contribute to the maximization of the sales and profit for the Celgene products in the country.
• Establish a professional and inspiring relationship with the overall organization and business units ensuring a positive contribution to the objectives of the organization. This includes co-ordination with the MS BU seeking for synergies and optimally servicing joint and overlapping customer audience.
• Member of the Affiliate´s Management Committee
• Compliance with Quality and Environment Policies
• Act according the Manual of Good environmental practices and segregate waste materials of the job properly
Educational Background and Complementary knowledge
• Degree in life sciences (MD, BD, BA…) or equivalent experience.
• Masters in Economics, MSc
• Strong understanding of MS customer and market dynamics and requirements
• Computer Literature: Good Knowledge at user level of Microsoft Office.
• Fluent in German and English (written and oral)
• Extensive experience in successfully leading different teams (sales, marketing, and/or medical affairs), experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with significant experience within the therapeutic area of Multiple Sclerosis / Neurology.
• Experience in launching and successfully marketing Multiple Sclerosis / Neurology drugs is highly desirable .
• Extensive experience in all aspects of developing, implementing and maintaining commercial strategies to meet organizational objectives.
• Proven track record of effective people management including coaching, motivating and development planning.
• Demonstrated ability to lead strategically, drive performance, build alignment, influence, execute.
• Demonstrated successful history of field force management.
COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions.
"At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients."
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.