Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Job Category: Technical Development
Work Location: 400 Dexter Ave N. 98109
Employee Status: Full-time
Job Type: Regular
Research Associate, Molecular Analyst, Viral Vector Process Development
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Celgene is seeking an organized, energetic, trustworthy Research Associate for an analyst role on the Viral Vector Process Development team. The candidate will perform assays to quantify and characterize lentiviral vector, which is a key intermediate in Celgene CAR-T drug product. Lentiviral vector delivers the genetic information used to re-engage a patient’s own immune system to cure cancer.
- Perform various analytical assays, process data, review and report results, following established laboratory protocols
- Maintain accurate and detailed laboratory notebook and documentation
- Summarize and present data in group meetings and written form
- Work independently as well as with other members of the team or across teams to perform and troubleshoot experiments or assay performance
- Promote a culture of communication and continuous improvement
- BS or MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, or related field
- 3+ years of molecular biology laboratory experience with hands-on analytical skills including ELISA, qPCR, and mammalian tissue culture
- Strong organization, time management and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- A team player with good communication skills and a desire to achieve team and individual goals
- Ability to strive in a fast-paced, creative and goal-oriented environment and drive tasks and projects to completion under timelines
COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions.
"At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients."
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.