Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Job Category: Technical Development
Work Location: 400 Dexter Ave N. 98109
Employee Status: Full-time
Job Type: Regular
Juno Therapeutics is a clinical-stage company developing novel cellular immunotherapies based on two distinct and complementary platforms – Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CARs) and T Cell Receptors (TCRs) technologies. Our goal is to revolutionize medicine by re-engaging the body’s immune system to treat cancer.
The Cell Therapy Technology & Platforms department is seeking Associate Director to lead CMC product strategy for internal allogeneic product candidates. The Associate Director is accountable for leading the overall product strategy, including cell banking, analytical and product control strategies. This is a highly visible and will interact extensively with business partners and external collaborators. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate must have, extensive product development and analytical development expertise in engineered T-cell products.
This position requires leadership and management skills as well as the passion for coaching, mentoring, and developing talent. If you are dedicated to excellence and want to make a difference, we're excited to hear from you!
- Lead CMC Product Strategy effort for allogenic product candidates.
- Define over CMC Product Strategy on the CMC team in technical development governance teams.
- Provide regular communications to the team, sub-teams, functional lines, stakeholders, and management. Escalate issues risks and recommend risk mitigation strategies according to governance procedures.
- Create a high functioning team, holding team members accountable for performance, and mentoring/coaching as needed. Provide input into the performance reviews of team members.
- Participate in regulatory strategy development, regulatory filings, and meetings with regulatory agencies.
- Ph.D in Immunology field with >10+ years of in product development experience. >5 years of experience in the development of engineered T-cell products.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated matrix management skills and clear ability to influence and effectively align, motivate and empower the team to progress project goals in a cross-functional matrix environment.
- Proven ability to work effectively with cross-functional leaders in a complex/changing global environment.
- Subject-matter expertise the trade offs of different product and process design strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and executing complex strategic plans and balancing competing priorities.
- Strong problem-solving and risk-based decision-making skills and a strong ability to influence or manage without direct authority.
- Demonstrated ability for critical and strategic thinking
- Experience with gene editing, engineered T-cell products
- Experience with platforms for characterizing immune cells
- Demonstrated experience in cross-functional and functional leadership roles.
- Experience authoring technical and regulatory documents.
- Track record of successful internal and external scientific collaborations.
THINK BIG. BE BRAVE. DELIVER.
COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions.
"At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients."
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.