Location: Hillingdon, United Kingdom
Job Category: Sales and Marketing
Work Location: 1 Longwalk Road UB11 1DB
Employee Status: Full-time
Job Type: Regular
Under the direction of the Director Market Access, this individual will be an integral part of the Corporate Affairs and Market Access team responsible for supporting disease areas in Hematology and Oncology and representing Celgene at high-level industry forums.
The ideal candidate will have a strong health economics background within the pharmaceutical industry and an interest in shaping the wider environment for HTA and reimbursement policy development. They will have some relationships with key HTA bodies and influencers already established.
Role and Responsibilities
- Leadership and support on Health Technology Appraisal (HTA) submissions for Celgene products in the UK and Ireland in close cooperation with Medical and Marketing colleagues
- Strategic forward planning for new indications for existing products in the context of optimising local, European and global revenues
- Manage external HTA consultant/agency relations
- Represent Celgene at high-level industry forums.
- Support the Marketing strategies of Celgene products through an understanding of the critical importance of both national (i.e. HTA) and local (i.e. PCT / network based commissioning) Market Access for business success
- Working with wider MA department support the development of a Market Access advisory network including health economic and clinical opinion leaders, and policy makers in the UK and Ireland
- Contribute to the agenda and discussions at the company’s European Pricing and Reimbursement forum to ensure alignment with global strategy
- Support budget management of department
Skills and Knowledge required
- Multiyear experience in the UK pharmaceutical industry or appropriate related organizations/agencies
- Post-graduate qualification in health economics, and/or health policy
- Experience of leading positive HTA submissions that have resulted in patient access within the UK/Ireland.
- Strong numerical skills with experience of leading on health economics modelling
- Demonstrated process and technical expertise in UK and Ireland reimbursement processes
- Strong social style and behavioral skills and a representative appearance are essential
- Is a very good internal and external communicator
- Has experience working with reimbursement stakeholders
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven project management skills
- Proven mentorship/coaching skills
- Flexible team member with positive attitude and ability to prioritise projects
- Ability to identify with Celgene’s values
- Experience of oncology and/or rare diseases desirable
COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions.
"At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients."
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.