Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Senior Manager, Global Medical Content
Director, Global Medical Content
Global Medical Communications and Learning
- Advanced scientific degree (e.g., Pharm.D., Ph.D. MD) preferred.
- At least 3 years of Medical Communications or pharmaceutical industry-based Medical Affairs experience required.
- Relevant therapeutic background strongly desired.
Demonstrates strong scientific expertise within assigned therapeutic area(s) and strategically leads planning and execution for global medical content deliverables across a global matrix organization. Builds strong cross-functional and global relationships and regularly engages with key stakeholders to understand internal and external customer content needs and priorities. Accountable for the development, review and approval of global medical content deliverables including but not limited to medical information responses and medical slide decks. Ensures clear, accurate, scientifically rigorous and timely communication of scientific data, aligned with data dissemination and medical plans, to facilitate informed healthcare decision making, globally. Furthermore, identifies opportunities to evolve and expand content types to facilitate innovative and dynamic scientific interactions, through personal and non-personal communication channels.
May be responsible for participating in various departmental and cross-functional initiatives to enhance organizational efficiencies and/or execute against disease/product strategy. Contributes to the management of vendors as well as annual budget within assigned therapeutic area(s) to ensure delivery of high quality and timely medical communications.
- Develops expert understanding of assigned therapeutic area(s) and product(s) through ongoing assessment of relevant published literature, internal resources and data, and through relationships with internal experts.
- Responsible for developing global medical communication plans within assigned therapeutic area(s) inclusive of communication gaps, strategies, deliverables and priorities, and ensures optimal execution of plan.
- Builds strong collaborations with global/regional/local Medical Affairs and Global Scientific Communications teams to ensure alignment of global medical communication plans with medical affairs and data dissemination (publication, congress) plans.
- Partners with global/regional/local medial customer facing colleagues (Medical Information, Field-based Medical) to regularly assess customer inquiry trends and medical customer insights, and intimately understand customer needs for scientific information and diverse content types (e.g., infographics, multimedia, interactive pdfs, etc); aligns communication plans accordingly.
- Leverages global, regional, local affiliate input and medical customer insights to inform development of specific content deliverables, to increase relevance/applicability of content and eliminate redundancies in resource utilization/number of deliverables.
- Partners with Global Medical Channels Lead to identify mechanisms to enhance the format and delivery of clinical and scientific data through multiple customer engagement channels.
- Responsible for the development, review and approval of various medical content deliverables including global medical information response documents, global medical affairs slide decks, product-related Q&As, and content for medical learning purposes. Ensures accuracy, currency, and scientific balance of content, in keeping with established policies and procedures.
- Able to search, critically evaluate, synthesize and package scientific data in meaningful formats to facilitate information exchange through multiple personal and non-personal communication channels.
- Actively contributes to discussions regarding data dissemination and communication in various cross-functional sub-teams and forums to ensure appropriate input and awareness of global medical communication plans.
- With some supervision, applies project, financial and vendor management skills to manage project timelines, annual budget for assigned therapeutic area(s), and oversee vendors, to ensure quality and timely communications, in keeping with allocated resources and budget.
- As applicable, partners with relevant alliances to ensure alignment on communication strategies, plans and deliverables.
- Contributes to discussions that affect the overall workload, strategies, functional capabilities, and operations of the assigned therapeutic team.
- As applicable, supports the development of departmental SOPs necessary to achieve organizational objectives and for complying with government regulations and company policy.
- As applicable, contributes to the design and development of relevant tools and technologies to drive the quality development and publishing of medical content, globally.
- Participates in training and mentoring of new and existing colleagues, as applicable.
- Aware of current trends within the industry and contributes to the sharing of best practices across the Global Medical Communications and Learning department. Contributes to discussions regarding continuous improvement and innovation to advance the operations of the Global Medical Content team.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Conducts business in accordance with Celgene Values.
- Completes all assigned SOPs and training within designated timeframe and adheres to job-specific SOPs and work instructions.
- Identifies and reports any adverse events (AEs) in accordance with Corporate policy and procedures.
- Conducts/assists in the overall training of new Global Medical Content personnel and students in graduate experiential programs to ensure key activities are incorporated as part of the training.
- Dedicated to continuous learning to broaden therapeutic area knowledge and pharmaceutical industry acumen.
- Ability to lead strategically, drive performance, build alignment, and collaborate across functions and geographies.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop, communicate and execute medical plans that are aligned with strategies across the organization.
- Demonstrates flexibility, positive attitude, ability to multi-task and prioritize projects effectively.
- Self-motivated with exceptional follow through; must be able to work with limited day-to-day supervision.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Proficient in MS office applications; familiarity with electronic referencing databases.
- Some travel required to represent company at medical conferences, presentations, and other meetings.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.