Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Working closely with Product Marketing, Cross Functional Partners (e.g., Reporting and Analytics, Business Planning & Analysis) as well as Global Marketing Insights; the Associate Director, Market Research and Competitive Intelligence (MR&CI) will have the responsibility for aligning the MR&CI plan with the brand strategic imperatives by identifying critical business questions; defining the information gaps; identifying and implementing the appropriate methodology to address those gaps; and integrate findings into the business.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support 1 to 2 Launch and/or in line brands in Hematology/Oncology marketplace.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the disease state, competitive products, and market dynamics
- Work proactively with brand and cross functional teams to understand business questions/objectives, identify the information currently available, clearly define the gaps and articulate a proposed methodology and plan to deliver on these requirements
- Closely manage projects from inception to completion ensuring they remain within scope, budget, and desired timing
- Distill market research findings into key actionable insights and clearly communicate results
- Manage vendors and provide appropriate direction to maintain alignment of project objectives
- Integration of information across groups and projects and not siloed to one team or one project
- Define Key Intelligence Topics and Questions (KITs and KIQs) that will support on going Competitive Intelligence Monitoring
- Provide Timely CI reporting and alerts that will foster competitive awareness and readiness
- Partner with team members to continually learn and inspire others in the spirit of continuous improvement
- BS/BA required, MBA and/or advanced Science degree preferred (MS, MBA, PhD)
- 3-5 years experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- 2+ years Hematology / Oncology markets experience required
- Working knowledge of both Primary and Secondary Market Research sources/methods
- Experience with biopharmaceutical brand positioning, market sizing & demand studies, messaging as well as other qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- Ability to design studies to meet brand needs as well as support forecasting efforts
- Experience with launch brands highly desired
- PC literate including Word, PowerPoint, Access software, advanced Excel & Tableau skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Key Leadership Behaviors
- Personal Integrity - Possesses unquestioned integrity and strong business ethics. Demonstrates a firm commitment to the company’s beliefs, values and organizational goals. Committed to making a positive contribution to the organization.
- Strategic Perspective - Able to devise & integrate a long-term vision, based on a thorough understanding of industry trends and opportunities. Manages an effective planning process. Demonstrates creativity and effectiveness in addressing major strategic challenges.
- Promotes Open Communication - Excellent communication and interpersonal skills which encourage and inspire others. Strong presentation skills in both small and large group setting. Excellent listener; seeks broad input and feedback; frequent and effective follow-up.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.