Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Celgene Quanticel Research is seeking a highly motivated research scientist to join the cell and molecular biology group. The successful candidate will develop in vitro and in vivo cancer models for various solid tumor indications. She/he will also contribute to different drug programs by performing cell-based assays for efficacy studies.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Able to design complex experiments with scientific rationale.
• Able to critically analyze and interpret data.
• Learning the drug development process.
• Draw appropriate conclusions.
• Possess in-depth knowledge in area.
• Understands fundamental scientific problems and can apply knowledge to research and development projects and problems in a positive manner.
• Developing skills in critical interpretation of scientific data and problem solving and reporting of scientific data.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Contributes individually as well as on cross functional teams.
• Responsible for more complex assignments and for more than 1 project.
• Able to evaluate CRO's.
• Well versed in fundamentals of functional area.
• Understands the context, impact and timely communication of data.
• Works as an individual contributor.
• Viewed as a knowledgeable resource within the department.
• Supervising/mentor role in function.
Creativity and Problem Solving:
• Critically assess project(s) and formulates ideas.
• Implement solutions independently.
• Scope of problem solving is generally within the departmental function.
• Recommend and formulate protocols and experimental plans.
Teamwork and Influence:
• Communicates with cross functional team.
• Routinely contributes to the achievement of workgroup/team goals.
• Represents workgroup/team or department on multi-disciplinary or cross functional teams.
• Beginning to have a direct impact on departmental performance.
• Impact is achieved primarily by contributing to team efforts.
#LI-POSTCelgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Not ready to apply?Join Our Talent Network
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company committed to improving the lives of patients worldwide. At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing treatments for our patients.