Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
In this position the Manufacturing Material Planner will manage the procurement of GMP components for the manufacturing sites in Boudry and Couvet (Bulk, Primary packaging).
The Material Planner will closely work with the cross functional functions within the Manufacturing Operations Services Department.
This position is based in Couvet site.
Duties and Responsibilities
a. Be in charge of the monthly MRP Cycle : consolidation of the demand on a monthly basis
b. Be responsible for purchasing all material as per the supply plan (Time, Quantity, Quality), and ensure the follow-up from the Purchase Order to the Account Payable State (QA Release
c. Be accountable for the Safety Stock strategy and application
d. Act as backup as his/her peer
e. Ensure an excellent coordination in the case of extraordinary events that have an impact on the logistical activities with the different stakeholders (QC, QA, warehouse, production,
f. Write and maintain the Purchasing specifications, ensures the follow-up through the integrated approval process system and the submission to the supplier
g. Manage efficiently the inventory levels and initiates and follows-up materials destructions, manage the retest execution process
h. Be the SME for the Oracle Master Data Management (data related to purchasing). Initiate the Buy item Data creation and be in charge of the Buy item Master Data planning and purchasing
parameters (MOQ, Supplier Lead Time)
i. Measure the supplier performances and communicate the results during Business Yearly Review
j. Provide internal and external suppliers with Yearly and Quarterly forecasts as appropriate
k. Calculate the KPIs and implements the defined actions for the activity
l. Participate in global projects impacting the logistics activity
m. Ensure appropriate documentation and archiving related to the activities (WP, SOP, …)
· + 3/5 years experience in the field of production or supply chain planning, purchasing
· Experience in an industrial international environment
· Capability to work in a changing environment and beyond pre-defined processes and to actively contribute in defining new structures
· Pro-active personality with an eye for anticipation and continuous improvement
· Conscientious, autonomous, reliable in action follow-up
· Excellent team-spirit
· Good negotiation, communication, problem-solving and decision-making skills
· Excellent IT proficiency: MS Office, Excel, ERP, Oracle experience is an asset
· Knowledge of the pharmaceutical environment and GMP-experience are a must
· Fluency both in French and English
· Challenge status quo
Not ready to apply?Join Our Talent Network
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company committed to improving the lives of patients worldwide. At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing treatments for our patients.