Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Executive Director of U.S. Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) is responsible for leading a team of both in-house and field HEOR professionals. This position will support the entire Celgene portfolio (Hematology/Oncology + Inflammation and Immunology) and will lead the U.S. HEOR research strategy design and execution. The Executive Director will sit on the U.S. Market Access Leadership Team and will have significant cross-functional responsibilities with Global Market Access, U.S. Medical Affairs, Legal, U.S. Channel Marketing, U.S. Account Management, U.S. Marketing, as well as other departments.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to providing leadership for the following:
- Responsible for all HEOR research, publications, customer-facing resources for entire Hematology or Oncology franchise.
- Developing and executing Hematology/Oncology HEOR research strategies to support patient access to Celgene products.
- Conducting and leading HEOR research on Celgene products leading to presentations at prestigious medical meetings and journal publications. Conduct prospective and retrospective observational studies, cost effectiveness research, comparative effectiveness research, chart reviews, registry trials, patient-reported outcomes research, meta-analyses and systematic reviews.
- Manage outcomes research projects and investigator-initiated research proposals.
- Assure compliance of evidence-based medicine and principles for economic assessment.
- Design customer facing tools such as reactive and proactive (FDAMA 114) presentations to enable customers to comprehend the economic benefits and budget impact.
- Developing and presenting HEOR studies to medical specialists at Market Access customers: Payers, Clinical Pathway companies, Federal, State, Group Purchasing Organizations, Pharmacy Benefit Managers, Clinical Pathways companies and other organized customers.
- Align all strategies and tools with Medical Affairs, Pricing & Contracting and Channel Marketing.
- Strong leadership skills
- Dual degree, e.g. Pharm.D., MPH preferred
- Fellowship training preferred
- A minimum of 10 years experience in outcomes research to support U.S. Market Access
- Proficient in economic evaluation of healthcare
- Significant experience in analyzing claims databases and EMRs to assess the burden and cost of disease
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with clinical and outcomes research applied to retrospective and prospective HEOR research
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in communicating clinical technical information to varied internal and customer audiences
- Refined methodological, quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong track record in HEOR study methodology, statistics, data reporting and resource development
- High level strategic thinking, critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Experienced in influencing strategy with internal and external customer audiences
- Approximately 20% travel
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.