Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit West
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Associate Manager, Global Supply Planning
Global Supply Planning, Global Planning Logistics and Data
Planner with three to five years of experience in the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare Industry. Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering is required, APICS certification, or equivalent, is desired
The Associate Manager, Global Supply Planning defines and manages the supply plans for a portfolio of products. To accomplish this, the Associate Manager uses the Oracle EBS / Advanced Supply Chain Planning suite to aggregate global demand from all streams and generates a preliminary supply plan. Then, the Associate Manager interprets inventory-policy, verifies and reacts to network manufacturing-capacity, and verifies / incorporates material availability constraints. Finally, the Associate Manager communicates the final supply plan and any related information to internal / external manufacturing organizations. As part of this process, the Associate Manager will also report monthly and quarterly supply activities and business performance, and will escalate business-critical decision-points to management through the Sales & Operations Planning process.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Define, publish and monitor global production plans for a portfolio of products considering demand from all sources (i.e.: forecasts, sales orders, supplier managed inventories, clinical requirements, etc.), and balancing inventories / manufacturing capacities. This includes API, drug product and finished goods.
- Work closely with Internal/External Manufacturing organizations and other GPDO teams to ensure that the production plans are achievable using capacity planning, level loading, materials availability planning, etc.
- Align production plans with short-term, long-term and strategic needs of Commercial Operations, Internal/External Manufacturing and other GPDO organizations. Also, ensure production plans are aligned with financial budget forecasts/commitments and strategies.
- Work closely with the Global Demand Management team to understand the sales forecasts versus actual sales variations, and adjust supply plans if necessary to maintain inventory and customer service levels.
- Prioritize product release of finished goods as necessary.
- Responsible for analyzing monthly the inventory levels for global finished goods, semi-finished goods and API, to ensure adherence to Global Supply safety stock policies.
- Gather detailed supply and inventory data in a timely manner to support the monthly Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process.
- Gather and synthesize timely and detailed data to support and / or create S&OP reports. Present information at meetings or related forums
- Monitor safety stocks and inventory levels in a monthly basis to minimize the impact of demand forecast variability as well as to minimize the risk of inventory write-offs
- Optimize supply chain planning processes/systems and develop standard planning methodologies
- Manage and execute supply plans / inventory strategies for new product launches, product line extensions and label changes.
- Participate on cross-functional meetings as subject matter expert as required.
- Upon special request, conduct ad-hoc analyses for senior management level business decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering.
- 3 to 5 years of planning experience in the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industry.
- Prior experience planning in a multiple manufacturing site and/or contract manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience interacting with demand management, quality and regulatory organizations.
- Prior experience planning Biologic products / compounds is a plus
- Must have strong analytical skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills, be a team player and be willing to work in an environment where individual initiative, accountability to the team, and professional maturity are required.
- Must be able to work with limited day-to-day supervision.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite experience required including; Excel; Outlook; PowerPoint
- Oracle EBS / Advance Supply Chain Planning (or SAP) experience required.
- APICS certification is a plus.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.