Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Internal Audit, the Senior Auditor will participate in the planning and execution of financial, compliance, and operational audits in accordance with accepted professional standards. The conclusions of these audits will allow management to assess the effectiveness of internal controls and levels of operational efficiency throughout the organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Implementing and maintaining audit procedures designed to provide assurance that operations, financial statements, and reports comply with company policy, as well as generally accepted accounting principles. The Senior Auditor will design and conduct tests to assess whether internal control over financial reporting is effective and safeguards company assets as well as substantive procedures to audit the books and records of the company. These will cover audit programs for accounting, financial, information systems, and operational controls.
- Carry out audit procedures, identify key control elements, design compliance tests.
- Participate in audit planning by determining the extent of audit testing and audit work paper content.
- Complete assigned work at a high level of quality with minimal oversight; share knowledge and seek assistance appropriately.
- Discuss audit findings with operating personnel to verify facts and obtain background information not available in the documentation examined.
- Schedule and conduct presentations at meetings with management as needed.
- Contribute to the identification of department operational efficiencies and changes in auditing operations that could lead to cost and time savings.
- Continue professional education regarding accounting standards and laws and regulations applicable to the company.
- Collect, evaluate, and document information to support audit results; report these results to the appropriate parties and draft audit reports.
- Analyze data sets to create an appropriate audit sample and/or identify trends within a population that can provide key risk insights.
- Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of management controls over activities, compliance of business process owners with policies and directives, adequacy of measures of safeguard assets, and reliability of information generated.
- Follow up on observations contained within audit reports to ascertain if remediation plans have been implemented.
- Review and appraise the soundness, adequacy and application of financial and other operational controls. Ascertain the extent of compliance with established policies, procedures and business practices to ensure effective operations.
- Partner with management to identify constructive and value-added solutions to address issues identified. Recommend operational improvements which ensure that proper controls are exercised over all aspects of the business and that company assets are conserved, protected and accurately reflected.
- Provide assistance to external auditors as requested.
- Special projects as may be assigned.
- Travel required (Domestic & International) up to 25%
The ideal candidate will be an experienced financial audit professional familiar with assessing internal controls over financial reporting and will have recent external or internal audit experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm or a mix of public and industry audit experience. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and will see this role as an opportunity to understand and appreciate the complexities and nuances of the business. This opportunity to learn about Celgene’s financial and other processes will provide him/her with the skills and knowledge to further his/her career within Celgene. The successful candidate will be a proactive individual, who is able to work independently in a fast-paced environment who also understands the required depth and frequency of communication to the necessary function management. Consistent use of common sense, pragmatism and excellent judgment skills will be critical to success in the function.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with varying priorities, and set appropriate priorities
- Thorough understanding of financial audit principles and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to understand business drivers and issues
- Ability to understand and analyze historical audit reports and financial statements
- Ability to gather data and information from a wide range of business leaders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work efficiently and effectively with a wide range of internal and external groups
- Active CPA license and an undergraduate or higher degree in finance or accounting or a related discipline
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.