Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
As part of Celgene’s Employment Team, the Employment Counsel will help manage a diverse array of employment matters in support of the company’s US workforce. This attorney will partner with Human Resources (including Compensation, Benefits, Payroll and Talent Acquisition) and management to provide guidance on all facets of employment law, play a central role in ensuring multijurisdictional compliance, supervise outside counsel on employment litigation matters and perform a variety of other legal duties as needed. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills, with a high level of attention to detail. Occasional travel may be necessary. This attorney will report to the Sr. Employment Counsel.
1. Provide day-to-day legal advice and counsel to the Human Resources team and management on a variety of employment matters.
2. Manage outside counsel in employment litigation and administrative agency proceedings, and provide risk assessment and strategic guidance to internal clients.
3. Work with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure compliance with employment laws across various state and local jurisdictions.
4. Draft and review various employment documents, including offer letters, separation agreements, performance reviews, performance improvement plans, written warnings, employee handbooks and employment policies.
5. Assist with employment diligence for potential business acquisitions, and support integration activities for completed acquisitions.
6. Stay current on employment law developments and evolving best practices, and provide training and updates to the Human Resources organization as needed.
7. Oversee immigration/work visa matters.
8. Provide day-to-day guidance to Employment Paralegal.
#LI-POSTCelgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Not ready to apply?Join Our Talent Network
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company committed to improving the lives of patients worldwide. At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing treatments for our patients.