Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Director, Otezla Global Marketing- Rheumatology
Leadership role in growing the Inflammation & Immunology (I&I) franchise within Celgene. The Director / Senior Director, Otezla Global Marketing, Rheumatology will play a key role in maximizing the value of Otezla globally in the approved indication of Psoriatic Arthritis (PsA), and leading the launch of Otezla in Bechet’s Disease (BD). This individual will also help to further build out and evolve the Rheumatology franchise within I&I. This position is responsible for providing high-level leadership to drive continued brand growth and evolution, setting the global strategy and delivering clarity on critical success factors for Otezla in PsA and BD world-wide. This position will partner with affiliate marketing leaders/teams to ensure that the global strategy is aligned, developed through market insights and is actionable across various geographies. This individual will guide development and implementation of the global Strategic and Brand plans for PsA and BD. The Director/Senior Director, Global Rheumatology is the Commercial lead on the Rheumatology Project Team—requiring strong collaboration with project leadership, clinical, medical affairs, regulatory, market research, pricing and market access, and affiliate commercial teams. Additionally, this individual has a key leadership role partnering with medical affairs to provide the commercial perspective on Otezla LCM initiatives, including Phase IIIb/IV trials, data analysis and publications in Rheumatology.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead all aspects of global strategic planning for Otezla in PsA and BD. Includes defining market opportunities, business opportunities, messaging/campaign evolution, lifecycle management, strategic pricing/access input. Provide brand plan support to team members.
- Serve as commercial leader and as active member of Rheumatology Project Team--responsible for overall development of Otezla in Rheumatology, including labeling support.
- Lead Promotional campaign and/or Message Evolution for Otezla in PsA and BD—in partnership with markets and key agencies—driving development and delivery of global HCP materials.
- Key role in co-leading LCM team in partnership with medical affairs on Phase IIIb/IV trials, data analysis and publications in Rheumatology (PsA, BD, etc.)
- Lead Global Strategy and Launch Preparation and Execution for Otezla’s next indication in Bechet’s Disease. Includes Otezla positioning in BD, message evolution, communication platform, and establishing clear launch success metrics.
- Co-develop Bechet’s Disease market launch sequence in partnership with Global Market Access to ensure overall Otezla Brand value is optimized.
- Support market shaping/market expansion plans across geographies.
- Partner with opinion leaders (ad boards), external agencies/vendors and clinical development teams towards developing and executing the commercialization and evolving commercial plans.
- Develops assumptions, reviews and validates global sales and resource forecasts.
- Foster/manage internal, agency and other key professional/patient relationships.
- Monitor/evaluate/plan for competitive products and marketplace evolution from a global perspective, supporting regions/individual markets where applicable.
- Collaborate on market research activities, and action against key/relevant insights.
- Oversee various aspects of key conferences and educational initiatives to further the growth of Otezla in PsA.
- Manage funds and resources appropriately.
- Support business development opportunities in Rheumatology space as needed.
- BA/BS required; life sciences degree or equivalent desirable, MBA/graduate degree preferred. 10-15 years industry and minimum of 7-10 marketing/commercial years of experience required.
- Functional experience within inflammation/immunology strongly preferred. Minimum of 5 years of Rheumatology experience required.
- Sales and marketing leadership, with P&L management experience preferred.
- “In-line” regional experience within US and/or ex-US markets.
- Individual should have proven track record demonstrating breadth and depth across marketing. competencies, Celgene values, and exemplary achievement of performance objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategically, driving performance and fostering collaboration.
- Experience in mobilizing matrix team members, regional/affiliate partners, embracing teamwork and project management within a cross functional environment will be critical.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, with regards to market research, competitive data collection analysis, financial analysis and crystallization of key business insights are needed.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to effectively and efficiently drive performance are required.
- Global launch experience highly desirable.
- Must be PC literate in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- 25% travel. Primarily international
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.