Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Senior Specialist will be a lead in the Financial Operations Procure to Pay Customer Service Team supporting the Procurement, Accounts Payable and Master Data Management functions. This individual will require appropriate knowledge of Celgene financial systems including Oracle EBS, Basware invoice matching and approval system and Zendesk customer service platform. The Sr. Specialist will also be involved in Celgene’s financial close process, cross functional projects and improving operational performance for the Procure to Pay process.
- Manage daily requests and queries from end users and suppliers regarding contracts, purchase orders, and invoices within service level agreements.
- Maintain a strong relationship with internal and external customers to ensure coordination of purchasing, master data management and accounts payable efforts.
- Provide tier 2 level customer service and scheduled trainings to internal and external customers.
- Provide timely assistance to the other Finance Shared Service areas (FP&A, RTR, A/P, MDM, T&E) as needed.
- Acts as a knowledge source for process improvement and technology initiatives focused on streamlining the procure-to-payment process.
- Provide the Treasury Department and Internal Audit with the required documentation supporting wire transfer payments and record payment confirmations within Oracle.
- Maintain compliance with our service level agreements and key performance indicators.
- Manage the required filings of the annual 1099 and 1042 forms.
- Assist with quarterly reviews and annual audits related to SOX controls.
- Create accruals and resolve variances for the financial close.
- Reconcile accounts payable and accrued liabilities accounts for management review.
- Ensure that all financial deadlines regarding AP are met for the financial close.
- Assist with any ad-hoc projects and tasks as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred with a minimum of four years’ experience in a Financial Operations work stream.
- Understand the benefit of transactional execution and identify potential downstream issues resulting from the data input into a given transaction.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Develops and uses knowledge and interpersonal skills to influence and guide stakeholders towards the accomplishment of goals and objectives; adapts well to different personalities and working with others on the team in a respectful manner.
- Ability to expresses one’s self clearly and concisely to key stakeholders; documents issues and/or concerns concisely and comprehensively; adjusts style, language and/or terminology appropriate for the audience.
- Ability to independently manage oneself with a strong attention to detail.
- A working knowledge of Oracle EBS Financial Systems, experience with MS Office (Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) strongly preferred.
- Commitment to delivering quality results and overcoming obstacles and challenges in a time-sensitive environment.
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills.
- High degree of integrity and strong work ethic.
- High sense of urgency and ability to identify creative solutions to time sensitive problems.
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple work streams, and stay calm and effective under pressure.
- High degree of organizational agility.
- Customer Service focused with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Positive attitude with proven ability to handle challenges and overcome obstacles.
- Self-starter who can propose pragmatic solutions for issues without further supervision.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.