Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Case Management of Global Drug Safety & Risk Management, the Drug Safety Specialist will manage safety data from pre-/clinical and post marketed adverse event reports within Celgene’s central safety database. The Specialist will ensure that individual adverse event case reports are evaluated, investigated and accurately computerized.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct the assessment of all serious individual adverse event case reports stemming from pre-/clinical studies, post-marketed and literature sources.
- Performs quality control of key data fields, and makes updates in the safety database per process conventions
- Executes case assessment (review events, determine expectedness, review/update drug and medical term coding, determine causality)
- Creates clear, medically concise case narrative procured from relevant information in form of various source documents
- Drafts pharmacovigilance company comment
- Determines follow-up actions and generates letters/queries as appropriate
- Ensures individual case reports are accurate, complete and timely for regulatory reporting purposes
- Support the identification of case corrections and creation of updates in the safety database following medical review.
- Execute phone and/or email communication with customers and interdepartmental groups as necessary.
- Manages to phone calls directed to drug safety regarding AE reports, and general queries.
- Support the triage of cases conducted by the Senior Drug Safety Specialist as needed
- Supports the management of case processing deadlines for aggregate safety reporting
- Support the evaluation of current processes and assess alignment with regulatory expectations, guidelines and mandates.
- Participate in local and/or global departmental meetings
- Contribute to the hiring, orientation and training and development of staff as needed
- Maintain compliance with all required training and standard operating procedures
- Provide support and prepares for regulatory inspection
- Education: Minimum of B.S. or the equivalent combination of relevant education or professional experience. Current registered medical license preferred.
- Experience: Two (2) years of clinical experience; RN or PharmD preferred
- Knowledge: Clinical knowledge of therapeutic area, patient populations and drug class
- Knowledge: Computer skills and safety database experience preferred
- Competencies: Excellent writing skills, organization and planning, attention to detail, data management, time management, team work, strong communication skills
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.