Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Global Strategic Sourcing Manager will contribute to the development, execution, and on-going management of sourcing strategies across a broad range of indirect spend categories. Business Function stakeholder groups supported will include Commercial, IT, Research and Early Development, HR, Finance, Compliance, etc.
- Supplier selection leadership: Participate in and facilitate cross-functional teams. Manage spend categories and influence the category / vendor selection strategy and approach, factoring in priorities, timelines, and business requirements. Recommend appropriate options (benchmarking, RFI/RFP, utilization of existing partners, etc.). Review and provide cost / quality comparisons for different options. Drive the project team decision-making process.
- Contract preparation and negotiations: Negotiate optimized commercial terms for key supplier agreements. Coordinate with all relevant business partners/stakeholders to ensure that specific requirements and Celgene interests are safeguarded and reflected in the final contract. Negotiate contract terms in liaison with legal department. Inventory, manage, and update agreements over the life cycle of the relationship, as necessary.
- Supplier Performance: Monitor, measure, and report on contract obligations and supplier performance and provide issue escalation support.
- Vendor relationship management: Manage key supplier relationships. Organize and facilitate supplier business review meetings. Monitor overall spend, potential use cases, and incremental / expanded opportunities. Identify, raise visibility, and implement value-generating opportunities. Capture and report on identified and captured economic benefits, process efficiencies, etc.
- Communication: Communicate and demonstrate the mission, vision, and objectives of Global Strategic Sourcing to key stakeholders and the supplier community.
- Process Development: Support development and updating of department processes, tools, templates, and communication efforts. Participate in departmental projects, corporate initiatives, and other cross-functional projects. Support departmental audits and remediation efforts.
- Business intelligence: Monitor assigned spend category environment to keep current on providers and industry trends. Look for best practices and continuous improvement opportunities. Coordinate with Spend Analytics / Insights team to obtain necessary information to drive category/ supplier level insights and identify opportunities.
- During all stages of activities, interact with internal customers, legal, finance and other departments / functions as appropriate.
- 2-4 years of experience in sourcing strategies and techniques for indirect spend categories.
- Knowledge of supplier markets and considerations for key indirect spend categories (e.g. marketing services, consulting firms, software, research and data services, equipment, learning & development, etc.).
- Good understanding of project management principles as well as sound knowledge of contract terms and conditions, benchmarking and market analysis.
- Must possess good organizational and interpersonal skills as well as great attention to detail.
- Appropriate level of subject matter expertise regarding groups, functions, franchises directly supported.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a strong emphasis in negotiating.
- Ability to work in a multicultural team environment and interact with a wide variety of customers. Must be able to relate effectively to people at all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to take on various activities across multiple indirect spend categories and assume additional responsibilities as needed.
- Active driver, delivery-oriented and can work independently.
- Proven ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent English language skills, additional languages are advantageous.
- Computer skills (MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Demonstrated ability to develop and leverage internal customer relationships
- Experience with establishing end-to-end processes, collaborative negotiation, agreement management, scenario analysis, market analysis, supplier analysis and management, technology utilization, strategic planning, and integrated sourcing strategies
- Broad experience participating on cross-functional and/or global teams in a complex multi dimensional matrix organization
- Ability to think strategically about current and future business needs
- Establish plans that anticipate and account for future market trends
- Achieves results: Action Oriented, Tenacity, Process Management, Planning & Organizing, Goal Setting, Resource Allocation, Decision Making
- Demonstrates Character: Authenticity, Inspires Others, Leadership Disposition, Conflict Management
- Leads change: Customer Focus, Strategic Perspective, Navigating Politics, Creativity, Innovation Management
- Presentation Skills, Personal Development, Performance Management, Communication, Building Self-Insight
- Inspires & Motivates: Building Relationships, Influencing, Leading Vision & Values
- Ability to influence across the organization horizontally and vertically
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.