Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Patient Support & Reimbursement Strategy- Summit, NJ
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, and spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Assoc. Director, Patient Support Services and Reimbursement Strategy (Otezla) will play a key role in the management of our patient access support services and reimbursement strategies across the Celgene Immunology and Inflammation portfolio for current and future pipeline products. This position is ideal for someone who enjoys developing solutions that improve patient access to medications and treatment. This person will be responsible for implementing program enhancements, responding to daily customer issues / resolution and serving as a point of contact for Celgene Sales and Marketing, Legal/Compliance, and external vendors. This position is office-based, has no direct reports at this time, and will evolve over the next 18 months.
- Requires minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree a plus.
- At least 7-10 years in the pharmaceutical industry with expertise in commercialization, reimbursement, channel customers, specialty pharmacy, specialty distribution, coding and all aspects of patient support/HUB services along with vendor management experience.
- Expertise in oncology, hematology, inflammation and immunology pharmaceutical products is preferred.
- Understanding Medical/Legal/Regulatory Review processes at a pharmaceutical manufacturer
- Candidates should have working knowledge of the compliance and regulatory environment for manufacturers in the pharmaceutical space
- This is an office-based position. This position requires up to 25% travel.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage day to day operations of HUB, PAP and financial assistance service providers to ensure high quality performance and adherence to contractual requirements.
- Identify customer, access and program performance trends that need to be escalated and followed through to resolution.
- Coordinate with Field-Based Reimbursement roles.
- Assist with the implementation of new services, program enhancements and operational efficiencies.
- Conduct regularly scheduled vendor site visits, as needed.
- Negotiate viable contracts within the established budget parameters.
- Drive vendor accountability to Key Performance Indicators throughout term of contract.
- Establish and maintain appropriate relationships with Celgene commercial business partners in sales, managed markets, trade and marketing teams.
- Work across US Market Access NAE, MAE teams and closely with internal Reimbursement Access Team to assist with resolution of program escalations.
- Work in conjunction with finance, legal, regulatory and compliance personnel across program details, gross to net calculations, fees, etc.
- Maintain program correspondence, scripting and collateral via Celgene internal legal and regulatory approval process.
- Continual development and management of budget for patient support services.
- Key to the evolution and buildout of a cross-franchise Patient Services solution.
- Ability to manage 25% travel.
- Ability to create and maintain program documentation such as SOPs, work instructions and training materials.
- Develop reports, and analyze data to identify trends related to program performance, reimbursement and access, patient adherence to therapy, and pharmacy performance.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritize, execute, follow up and anticipate problems.
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple functions (sales, managed markets, marketing).
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in fast-paced, deadline driven, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to influence across functions to gain consensus on solutions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendor contacts resulting in strong program performance.
- Management experience preferred.
Key Internal/External Partners:
- I&I Marketing
- I&I Sales
- I&I Senior Leadership
- All Relationships across US Market Access
- Pricing & Contracting
- Channel Marketing
- National Account Executives (Managed Care and Specialty)
- Sales Forecasting
- Sales Operations
- All Patient Support/HUB Vendors
Celgene Leadership Competencies:
- Drive Innovation
- Shape Strategy
- Promotes Open Communication
- Demonstrate Adaptability
- Foster Teamwork
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.