Other Locations:Switzerland- Boudry
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Corporate Strategic Sourcing team in Boudry has been recently integrated within International Finance. The team is aligned globally and is establishing itself with increasing momentum within the organization.
This business partnering position will focus on regional partnering and sourcing strategies by increasing the visibility in category spending, establishing value creating solutions, supplier rationalization, and business risk mitigation. This will be accomplished through close collaboration with business partners for the Commercial Franchises and other key stakeholders, proactive analytics and aligning on recommended strategies.
The ideal candidate will have instant credibility with stakeholders, demonstrated an ability to build and foster business partner relationships and challenge the status quo. The position operates as part of a collaborative team where there will be considerable interaction with stakeholders. The individual must be effective in working with stakeholders at all levels of the organization and in all geographies including senior leadership, with the goal of achieving significant value, cost optimization, partnering strategies, and continuous quality improvement of the supplier community. An understanding of the commercial pharmaceutical environment and vendor landscape / dynamics is preferred.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Direct category management responsibility with a priority focus on the Commercial Franchises operating from the Worldwide Markets Headquarters in Boudry and with support to other spend categories and projects across all regions International.
- Collaborates with stakeholders in meaningful stakeholder interaction to develop engagement models and overall strategic sourcing strategies and assist in executing the strategy and implementation plan.
- Close collaboration with stakeholders to identify areas of value creation, supplier optimization, and communication strategies out to the organization. This includes looking across the end to end continuum to enhance internal stakeholder and supplier experiences. Takes the lead to develop value optimization strategies, total cost of ownership analytics, quality improvements, cost modeling, sourcing related economics & financial analysis in support of our business partner strategies
- In alignment with key stakeholders, identify key opportunities and business requirements, consider and recommend options (benchmarking RFI/RFP, utilization of existing partners, a data driven approach etc.), lead competitive bid process, negotiate commercial terms and conditions, implement successful sourcing strategies, and engage in supplier lifecycle management
- A good understanding of the supply market for the Commercial Franchises (e.g. marketing and medical communications agencies, digital agencies, health data services, CRM etc.) in order to educate stakeholders and enable smart decisions
- Works across teams and functions to manage new demands which may also touch upon different sourcing areas and requires building from scratch.
- Collaboration within the Franchises, Finance/FP&A, IT, and Affiliates regarding leveraging enterprise tools, technologies, and systems
- Drive value through risk mitigation, supplier base consolidation programs, Integrated Partner Network program and global spend leveraging efforts
- Implement industry best practices by capitalizing on relationships with both internal and external partners and practicing market vigilance
- Build and maintain strong relationships with enabling departments, such as Legal, Compliance, Finance, IT and the Affiliates etc.
- Key contributor to establishing our regional and global presence region through developing, implementing and providing visibility to sourcing best practices and excellence.
Supplier Relationship Management:
- Develop, evaluate or manage internal and external relationships with suppliers, cross-functional and/or multi-functional teams with regard to the following:
- Measure supplier performance including developing and implementing good supplier governance models for key suppliers
- Develop strategies and tactics for optimizing negotiations with potential and/or current suppliers
- Resolve quality problems with suppliers and user departments and develop measurements for quality improvement and target setting.
- Facilitate regular performance evaluation meetings with strategic sourcing providers and key stakeholders, and responsible for periodic business review meetings with stakeholders and strategic sourcing providers
- Utilize techniques such as supplier partnerships, strategic alliances, supply chain management and supplier training programs to develop supplier life cycle.
- Management & Organization:
- Supporting the International Sourcing Team Lead to develop goals and objectives of Corporate Strategic Sourcing department aligned to organizational goals.
- Plan, develop or provide operating policies, guidelines and procedures for global and regional sourcing teams and sourcing self-service.
- People management as necessary (managing the sourcing activities in relation to the Commercial Matura Internship)
- Develop metrics/ KPI’s or utilize criteria for evaluating Corporate Strategic Sourcing department performance.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.S./B.A., MBA Preferred
- Minimum 8 years of business experience, including business analysis, collaborative internal business partnering, strategic planning, and sourcing-related activities
- Broad experience of leading cross-functional collaborative projects / initiatives in a multi-dimensional matrix organization, ideally within sourcing, with proven success of fostering trust and delivering value based outcomes (preferably with Commercial teams)
- Demonstrated ability to develop and leverage internal customer relationships
- Experience with establishing end-to-end processes, collaborative negotiation, agreement management, financial analysis, market analysis, supplier analysis and management, technology utilization, strategic planning, and integrated sourcing strategies
- Ability to think strategically about the business
- Establish plans that anticipate and account for future trends in pricing, shifting markets, and resources, global environment and regulatory implications
- Achieves results: Action Oriented, Tenacity, Process Management, Planning & Organizing, Goal Setting, Resource Allocation, Decision Making
- Demonstrates Character: Authenticity, Leadership Disposition, Conflict Management, Coaching Others
- Leads change: Customer Focus, Strategic Perspective, Navigating Politics, Creativity, Innovation Management, Enthusiastic
- Develops Talent: Presentation Skills, Personal Development, Performance Management, Communication, Developing Others, Leading Others, Talent Selection, Building Self-Insight
- Inspires & Motivates: Building Relationships, Influencing, Leading Vision & Values, Succession Planning & Management
- System knowledge of MS Office and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) functionality preferred
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter