Other Locations:US- MA- Cambridge
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
We are seeking outstanding scientists to contribute to the ongoing innovation in Celgene’s medicinal chemistry team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design, synthesis, and characterization of bioactive molecules to identify pharmaceutical candidates.
- Integrate and interpret multi-parameter structure-activity relationships to inform future design and synthesis.
- Collaborate proficiently with internal and external chemists to overcome synthetic challenges and expedite the invention of novel molecules.
- Productively interact with cross-functional scientists and communicate progress against goals in a multi-disciplinary setting: chemistry, biology, pharmacology, modeling, and external collaborators.
Skills / Knowledge Required:
- Ph.D. in organic or medicinal chemistry, plus 2 years of work experience preferred. Master’s degree in a scientific discipline with at least 8 years work experience, or Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline with at least 10 years work experience.
- Experience in synthetic methods development, target-oriented synthesis, chemical biology, and/or physical organic chemistry.
- Highly collaborative, self-motivated individual with a strong desire to learn.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Other Characteristics & Traits:
- Developing cross-functional scientific knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to write peer reviewed quality work
- Able to write invention disclosures for patent applications, technical reports, or technical protocols
- Scientific expertise in synthetic organic chemistry
- Aligns science and functional area goals with over-arching business strategies
- Works independently and as part of a team
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.