Other Locations:US- MA- Cambridge
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Summary / Scope:
We are seeking outstanding scientists to contribute to the ongoing innovation in Celgene’s medicinal chemistry team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ideate and lead scientific programs and initiatives.
- Prioritize and develop strategies to overcome challenging drug discovery hurdles in an efficient and creative manner.
- Independently design, plan, execute, and interpret complex activities to identify pharmaceutical candidates.
- Formulate innovative molecular design ideas through property- and structure-based drug design that impact the advancement of drug discovery programs.
- Thoughtfully consider the appropriate modality for each scientific opportunity.
- Collaborate proficiently with internal and external chemists to overcome synthetic challenges and expedite the invention of novel molecules.
- Productively interact with cross-functional scientists and communicate progress against goals in a multi-disciplinary setting: chemistry, biology, pharmacology, modeling, and external collaborators.
Skills / Knowledge Required:
- Ph.D. in organic or medicinal chemistry with at least 8 years work experience, preferred, Master’s degree in a scientific discipline with at least 14 years work experience, or Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline with at least 16 years work experience.
- Demonstrated high impact problem-solving as evidenced by publications and patents.
- Experience in synthetic methods development, target-oriented synthesis, chemical biology, and/or physical organic chemistry.
- Highly collaborative, self-motivated individual with a strong desire to learn.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Other Characteristics & Traits:
- Demonstrates cross-functional scientific knowledge
- Sought as a scientific expert
- Aligns science and functional area goals with over-arching business strategies
- Able to offer potential solutions and next steps for complex problems
- Engaged and recognized in the external scientific community
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Works independently and as part of a team
- Intentional direct and indirect mentorship of other scientists
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.