Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit West
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
This member of the IT Global Delivery Services leadership team will have global authority for Application Outsourcing managed services strategy, vendor performance management within GDS service areas, critical issues management for application services, and continuous improvement of service delivery. The individual will lead the IT GDS Operations team comprised of several service group leaders with direct oversight of outsourced services. The IT GDS Operations team will also include an organizational change lead and a business office liaison that will coordinate contracting and budgeting activities between IT GDS, Finance, Procurement, and Vendor Management. The successful candidate must be knowledgeable of current best practices and emerging trends in ITIL and ITSM. They should be experienced with continuous service improvement methodologies and be adept at getting into operational details as well as functioning at a strategic enterprise level.
Celgene is seeking a results oriented leader in Application Operations & Support with in-depth knowledge of IT Managed Services, Service Management & Business Management. This is a leadership position with a high degree of influence - success criteria for GDS Operations is measured by customer and user satisfaction as well as by the continuous availability of appropriate service levels for all application service offerings across the enterprise.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
The incumbent will be the leader in providing oversight to our global IT Application Outsourcing managed services:
- Produces, implements, communicates and maintains the IT GDS Application Operations strategy in support of GDS leaders and other Celgene IT leaders.
- Provides operational oversight to all application services from initial service transitions through retirement (full lifecycle management).
- Approves root cause analysis reports for all major or critical service failures.
- Ensures that all licensing compliance and change/release management processes are followed and properly documented.
- Oversees and coordinates IT GDS organizational change management activities.
- Identifies and supports implementation of improvements to IT service management processes and continuous improvement initiatives focused on improving efficiency and quality of services delivered by our outsourcing partners.
- Continually measures the performance of GDS service delivery and reports on efficiency, effectiveness, quality, and cost effectiveness of these service offerings.
- Working in conjunction with IT Service Owners and IT Business Partners, ensures that service levels are meeting the needs of our business colleagues and user experience meets or exceeds expectations of consumers of our services.
- Ensures that service contracts, business cases, and operating budget forecasting account for appropriate cost and service level criteria across IT GDS cost centers (Business Office Liaison).
- Leads Outsourced Vendor Management Governance Boards for IT GDS.
- Span of Control – Global, cross functional, in collaboration with IT GDS leadership, Vendor Management, Finance, and Strategic Sourcing
- Direct Reports – 5-6 (plus 2 matrix reports)
- Indirect Reports – will provide leadership oversight to all Application Outsourcing managed services, globally
- Budgetary Responsibility – Direct oversight of an internal operating budget of approximately $2-3 MM and oversight of over $25 MM in annual managed service agreements
- Interacts w/ - ITSLT, IT GDS leadership, IT business partners, Celgene business leaders and staff members
- Proficiency with recognized industry standards covering IT service management, IT Governance, and GxP compliance (ITIL, GAMP, cGMP).
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing IT business processes and solutions.
- Experience designing and implementing IT managed service agreements.
- Experience leading operations reliant on an outsourced service provider model.
- Demonstrated ability to implement Organizational Change Management (OCM) and continuous improvement methodologies, Lean, and/or Six Sigma applied to IT environments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must have ability to: a) effectively interact with executive and senior management to assess technology requirements and communicate services strategies and change initiatives; b) effectively lead matrix projects with global implications; c) create artifact templates and frameworks for service models and roadmaps; d) work effectively as a team leader and team member.
- Familiarity with ServiceNow and ITSM reporting and analytics within the ServiceNow platform.
- Previous Application Outsourcing Managed Services experience including at least 10+ years leadership experience combined across IT Application/Support Operations Management and IT Service Management.
- Demonstrated expertise with financial management
- International travel required.
- High preference will be given to experience in Pharma/Biotech.
- Consulting background with one of the top tier IT/business management consulting firms is a strong plus.
- BS in MIS, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related study required, MBA is a plus.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.