Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit West
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
This member of the IT Global Delivery Services leadership team will have global accountability for the ERP (Oracle EBS) platform, manufacturing plant IT operations, Quality IT Systems delivery. The individual will lead the IT GDS Enterprise Systems team comprised of several service group leaders with direct oversight for Finance, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing, Quality IT systems, and Collaboration Tools.
The successful candidate must be knowledgeable of current best practices and emerging trends in enterprise platform management, as well as, plant IT operations and Quality laboratory systems. They should be a seasoned leader with significant global experience in a GMP-regulated industry. This is a global role with oversight for many enterprise services along with manufacturing site IT operations in multiple countries and compliance to regulatory and security requirements.
Celgene is seeking a results oriented leader in Enterprise platform management with in-depth knowledge of IT Managed Services, Service Management, Manufacturing, and Quality. This is a leadership position with a high degree of influence - success criteria for the role will be measured by customer and user satisfaction (enterprise and site level) as well as by the continuous availability and improvement of appropriate service levels for all service offerings across the enterprise.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
The incumbent will be the leader in providing oversight to our global IT Enterprise Systems group:
- Acts as the Service Area Owner for global Enterprise Systems services at Celgene.
- Provides oversight to all ERP, Corporate, and Quality application services from demand shaping of new capability requests through service transition and eventual service retirement (full lifecycle management).
- Accountable for setting performance standards and directing IT GDS plant operations teams.
- Accountable for building and maintaining a leadership team capable of managing improvements to the full scope of IT application services delivered by the Enterprise Systems Team.
- Continually measures the performance of IT GDS service delivery for Enterprise Systems and reports on efficiency, effectiveness, quality, and cost effectiveness of these service offerings.
- Accountable for providing content management collaboration tools and services to enable corporate-wide internal and external collaboration.
- Working in conjunction with IT GDS Operations and IT Business Partners, ensures that service levels are meeting the needs of our business colleagues and that user experience meets or exceeds expectations of consumers of our services.
- Stays abreast of industry trends and brings innovative ideas for solutioning business capabilities.
- Effectively manages a diverse global workforce comprised of both employee staff and managed services.
- Collaborates across IT to manage the ERP platform strategy and ensures ERP data quality while driving Enterprise Information Management best practices.
- Span of Control – Global, cross functional, in collaboration with IT GDS leadership, IT Business Partnership, IT PMO, IT Global Planning & Strategy, and with business colleagues in: GPDO, Quality, Finance, and Strategic Sourcing Globally.
- Direct Reports – 6 (plus 2 matrix reports)
- Indirect Reports – will provide leadership oversight to a total team of over 35 employee staff across multiple countries.
- Budgetary Responsibility – Oversight of an operating budget of approximately $40 MM and over $25 MM in annual capital project work
- Interacts w/ - ITSLT, IT GDS leadership, IT business partners, IT PMO, IT Global Planning & Strategy, External Strategic Partners, and Celgene business leaders and staff members from across the enterprise
- Proficiency with recognized industry standards covering IT-enabled service management, IT Governance, and GMP compliance (ITIL, GAMP, cGMP).
- Previous ERP platform management experience in a GMP-regulated industry with 15+ years leadership experience combined across IT enterprise systems, manufacturing IT operations, and Quality IT systems is required.
- Experience leading operations reliant on an outsourced service provider model.
- Demonstrated ability to manage manufacturing plant IT operations and Quality laboratory systems operation is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must have ability to: a) effectively interact with executive and senior management to assess technology requirements and communicate service strategies and change initiatives; b) effectively lead matrix projects with global implications; c) set direction for large complex global teams; d) work effectively as a team leader and team member.
- Familiarity with ServiceNow and ITSM reporting and analytics within the ServiceNow platform a plus.
- International travel required.
- High preference will be given to experience in Pharma/Biotech.
- Systems integration and deployment experience with one of the top tier IT/business management consulting firms is a strong plus.
- Significant global experience in a leadership role.
- Experience with Oracle EBS.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related study required, MBA is a plus.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.