Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Director of Sales and Marketing Operations leads a shared services functional team that supports both the US Commercial HemOnc and I&I Franchises. The leader ensures seamless collaboration with Commercial Partners (Sales/Marketing/Market Access, Training, Strategic Planning & Decision Analytics, etc.) and Cross-Functional Partners (Medical, Legal, Regulatory, IT, etc.) developing joint deliverables and providing integrated, aligned perspective on the business performance. This role leads and provides oversight to the Commercial Sales and Marketing Operations function, that comprises of:
- Specific to HemOnc Franchise: Incentive Compensation, Vendor Credentialing, SPOTlight Recognition Program, Veeva CRM Platform and Non-Personal Promotion.
- Shared service for HemOnc and I&I Franchises: Fleet Management, Warehousing, Print Production, Marketing Approval Process (PACT).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead ongoing development, deployment and continuing evolution of CRM system, continuously innovating capabilities rolled out to date, while simultaneously implementing additional features to increase and improve functionality.
- Acquire and maintain industry-leading expertise around CRM and other sales/marketing support platforms in order to continuously optimize the Company’s approach and capabilities in these areas.
- Continuously challenge and improve established content, processes, format and delivery of work products in order to produce high-quality insights aligned with business drivers and address customer needs.
- Attract, retain and develop people, cultivating a pipeline of future leaders capable of assuming key roles within the broader Celgene organization.
- Identify challenges and benchmark processes against best in industry and proactively make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Development of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform and associated analytical capabilities, continuously challenge quality and utility of CRM; explore alternative approaches, benchmark with other players in the industry and proactively make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Management of the Warehousing (printed literature and product samples) and Print Production for US HemOnc and I&I Franchises.
- Oversee the Marketing Operations PACT process for US HemOnc and I&I Franchises. Provide guidance and oversight to the Marketing Operations Leader in the strategic management of the PACT Steering Committee.
- Streamline existing digital content and redesign hosting platform to create a user-friendly, secure and stable delivery for convenient and effective customer engagement.
- Manage incentive compensation (tracking, calculation, exception handling, summary overviews for approval, payout) for HemOnc field force.
- Manage Fleet vendor relationship and budget for field-based US employees, Corporate expatriates and executives.
- Manage vendor credentialing for US institutions, devise and implement innovative process for vendor credentialing.
- Manage commercial speaker program vendor, implement changes and run day-to-day operations.
- Partner with Finance Dept. to manage operational budget and accurately forecast department expenses.
- Proven track record leading and developing individuals and teams to grow and develop into adjacent business functions.
- Demonstrated sales and sales leadership success and a comprehensive understanding of best practices across the industry.
- Deep understanding and appreciation of real-life conditions encountered by field-based colleagues on a day-to-day basis and ability to tailor solutions to optimally address needs.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across multiple internal functions and with key stakeholders to support the US Commercial business objectives.
- Ability to understand business drivers and identify needs of sales and marketing leadership.
- Demonstrates the ability to think strategically and drives to continuously improve quality and utility of work product generated by the department.
- Ability to grasp substantial and complex data, synthesize copious information to understand key business insights.
- 10+ years Pharmaceutical/Biotech/Healthcare experience
- MBA or Master’s Degree preferred
- CRM and Digital Marketing experience preferred
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.