Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Under the direction of the Lead RML / Associate Director Medical Affairs Inflammation & Immunology, this individual operates within a matrix environment with close collaboration to the regional sales team and is the owner of Medical Affairs execution in the field. The RML reports to Lead RML / Associate Director Medical Affairs Inflammation & Immunology and implements and tracks medical affairs (MA) programs in cooperation with marketing and field operations, in order to influence and change the practice of medicine, according to local therapeutic strategies. The RML supports the medical, marketing and sales department in the development of regional MA tactics for a therapeutic area/product and maximizes Celgene’s value propositions through medical and scientific projects, services and expertise, for benefit of patients (according to COP and EU strategies).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Identifies, develops and maintains collaborative relationships with current and future KOLs, key centers and local collaborative groups and develops required qualitative and quantitative reports.
2. Works with KOLs to develop clinical therapeutic concepts that support the advancement of the science associated with Celgene´s advances in the therapeutic area.
3. Works with local patient organizations in collaboration with designated person at EU
4. Implements and disseminates high quality complex scientific information, innovative medical education materials and research concepts to KOLs incl. speakers preparation and slide kit development.
5. Supports development and implementation of internal training plan with continuously monitors and updates knowledge of disease area.
6. Serves as the face for Celgene to centers of influence in supporting visiting professorships, guest lecturers, symposia workshops that are within the goals of local therapeutic audience team.
7. Fosters medical and scientific information exchange from the medical community to Celgene.
8. Supports or makes clinical and scientific presentations to regional healthcare audiences aligned with central medical education programs.
9. Organizes local advisory boards with key stakeholders in designated area and educational symposia at local congresses and forwards key finds to Associate Director Medical Affairs Inflammation & Immunology.
10. Supports KOLs in developing concepts and protocols for IITs that support Celgene products.
11. Manages budget for medical education programs.
12. Effectively supports communication activities from IITs, in collaboration with relevant medical communication manager and publication team.
13. Supports field sales and corporate account efforts related to presenting clarity around clinical and scientific information supporting therapeutic decisions in patient care.
14. Works with marketing and sales to ensure prioritization of key accounts.
15. Identifies new opportunities, that support key product messages, based on medical and scientific data for both internal and external customers.
16. Supports appropriate screening process to identify potential investigators for Celgene initiated clinical trials, collaborate with clinical trial groups to evaluate request sand assess capacity. Oversees implementation of approved clinical trial support activities.
17. Provides support for answering unsolicited off-label questions and questions regarding new indications and future Celgene products.
18. Collects and reports competitive intelligence derived from centers’ of influence and scientific
19. Develops Congress reports /summary slide decks of important national congresses.
20. Execution and placement of MA activities (including Medical Education programs, IITs).
21. Is involved in territory business planning and prioritization of business expenses.
22. Ensuring of scientific up to date information of speakers and KOLs in respect to Celgene products and therapeutic areas.
23. Ensures compliance with GMA SOPs, GCP and ICH, compliance policies and procedures, relevant country reports regulations as well as with legal and ethical standards.
Not ready to apply?Join Our Talent Network
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company committed to improving the lives of patients worldwide. At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing treatments for our patients.