Other Locations:Germany- Munich
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Under the direction of the Director, Medical Affairs I&I, this individual is responsible for the provision of leadership and guidance to the German Otezla® Medical Affairs Team, consisting of Lead RMLs, RML Team(s), (Sr.) Medical Advisors and Medical/Scientific Communication. In addition to that the Medical Affairs Lead Rheumatology & Dermatology is the strategic key interface for internal and external stakeholders on all questions regarding IIT Management, KOL Management, Medical Education and Communication for all existing and new indications within the specified therapeutic area.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Planning, development and supervision of implementation of all strategic and operative Otezla® Medical Affairs initiatives to support needs of Celgene Germany in close collaboration with the leading functions for Marketing, Health Care Management, Sales, Clinical Development, the Medical Advisors as well as other relevant medical interfaces nationally and internationally.
- Design a comprehensive Medical Affairs program for Otezla® in close collaboration with the European and Global Medical Affairs functions, consistent with the brand strategic imperatives. This program is to be developed across the key therapeutic areas and it is primarily (but not exclusively) focused on IIT portfolio, medical educational events / symposia, advisory boards, disease awareness/therapeutic area development programs.
- As a senior medical representative in Europe, the position will be actively involved in cross-regional and cross-functional teams, planning and supporting the business.
- Interact with colleagues across Celgene to ensure standardization and implementation, driving of best practices as well as state of the art approaches.
- Establishment of clear directions for the team, ensuring strategic and appropriate objectives, ensuring smooth interaction with commercial activities and according needs are met – towards internal and external customers.
- Play a key role in national and international Key Opinion Leader management.
- Actively drive new IIT proposals, in alignment within the disease IIT strategy; follow-up on communication / publication of data and results from currently ongoing IITs. Champion local supported studies through EU and Global Celgene approval reviews.
- Ensuring of proper IIT Study Management.
- Manage appropriate resource and budget, ensure legal requirements are met in collaboration with central functions.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong identification with Celgene’s values.
- Extensive experience within the pharmaceutical industry, in Medical Affairs positions as well as in other relevant functions.
- Medical or scientific degree is an asset.
- Substantial leadership & people management track record.
- Experience in the field of Dermatology (Psoriasis) and /or Rheumatology (Psoriatic Arthritis).
- Track record of successful medical strategy shaping and driving a medical agenda.
- Experience in educational event design- and planning.
- Strong and effective communication skills – scientific and non-scientific - throughout all levels and geographies of an organization, in English and German.
- Ability to effectively provide leadership, engage and create enthusiasm.
- Structured approach, ability to manage change and proven record showing adaptability in leadership.
- Ability to represent Celgene at a high level of professional presence and credibility.
- Experience and knowledge of the drug development and/or commercialization process desired.
- Willingness to travel extensively.