Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit West
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Senior Director, Technical Commercialization
Global Pharmaceutical Development & Operations
10+ yrs experience in the pharmaceutical industry
This global position is responsible for the creation and execution of the technical commercialization strategy and lifecycle management for assigned products. The incumbent will work cross-functionally to develop robust business cases and ensure successful world-wide product launches. S/he will lead the Technical Commercialization Team and ensure that the team is proactively recognizing and addressing any technical, regulatory, manufacturing, supply chain and related issues.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Leads the development of technical commercialization strategy and planning for the asset and coordinates tactical plans between stakeholders (e.g. Manufacturing and Supply Chain, Quality, Science and Technology groups, Commercial, GRA, etc.) including:
-Accountable for developing Integrated Project Plans for Technical, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality tasks during the Initial Launch Phase as well as subsequent launches.
-Setting operational goals and metrics for commercial products that are aligned with overall business strategy and direction
-Developing and maintaining launch project plan for each launch and alignment with S&OP
-Initiating and ownership of change controls to support compliant launches and product lifecycle
-Developing and communicating related metrics and reporting
-Managing the budget and LRP for assigned commercial products in the Celgene portfolio
- Leads the identification and risk management during execution of new product launches and throughout the commercial product lifecycle
- Bridges Franchise (commercial sales and marketing) and GPD&O to ensure alignment on:
Commercial strategy including business case development, launch sequencing and distribution alternatives, LRP and strategic resource plans for assigned projects
Customer needs so that GPD&O can develop and implement strategies to meet them
- Responsible for best practice sharing and consistent use of commonly defined methods, processes, tools, and templates.
- Accountable for uniform implementation of the standard launch method for their project
- Point person for sourcing and other governance decisions related to products under his/her responsibility
- Provides a continuously updated and balanced appraisal of the project status, including risk, cost, and value to stakeholders
- Primary interface with Global Project Teams for programs that have established POC to ensure that GPD&O engages in Launch Planning at the appropriate time and has operational alignment with strategy and life cycle management.
- Provides overall leadership and direction for project managers supporting the product initiatives and activities
- 10+ yrs experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Degree in a Scientific / Engineering/ Business field. A Higher Degree or MBA is desirable.
- Experience in multiple functional areas (process development, regulatory, quality, supply chain, commercial) demonstrating a broad understanding of pharmaceutical development, manufacturing, and/or supply
- In depth knowledge of all phases of drug development and commercialization, of the functions and processes relevant to drug development and commercialization, and project management principles applicable to the biopharmaceutical environment
- Experience launching a commercial product is desirable
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proven ability to effectively develop, communicate, and gain support for execution plans with a wide range of stakeholders
- Results oriented individual to execute strategy and meet objectives
- Background in cGxPs and ICH requirements
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.