Other Locations:US- CA- San Diego
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Facilities Specialist supports the successful operation of facility, laboratory and business functions at multi‐use sites through interaction with internal customers and external service providers. The incumbent in this role, contributes to the completion of milestones associated with projects impacting cross‐functional teams, and may provide project management leadership on tasks specific to their functional area. With minimum supervision and given general instructions, this individual carries out routine tasks and functions, and uses basic analytical skills to recognize and solve common problems of limited scope. As a developing team player, the incumbent interacts with their immediate supervisor and personnel within their own work group to achieve team goals while building trust and collaborative relationships outside the immediate organization.
Maintains all facility systems, equipment and assets in good working order to ensure optimal function and condition.
- Completes scheduled preventive maintenance activities and unscheduled repairs / upgrades to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and plumbing systems and equipment in a timely manner. Ensures operational uptime for all HVAC, utilities, equipment and fire life safety systems.
- Performs a variety of service, maintenance and repair work to support the successful operation and continual upkeep of the site, including painting, event set up, minor office reconfigurations, and equipment assembly / installations
- Performs daily rounds of building, grounds and equipment per work instructions. Identifies health and safety hazards, maintenance and repair issues, and takes appropriate action to remedy findings including prompt notification to management
- Provides 24/7 response to critical equipment and utilities alarms
- Provides oversight and support to outside contracted service providers.
Manages projects of limited scope and complexity within their functional area.
- Addresses maintenance or repair issues, determines scope of work, material and equipment needed, anticipates next steps, and coordinates with impacted groups
- Recommends and implements changes to critical / ancillary systems, processes, and maintenance schedules in order to improve reliability, and optimize labor utilization, cost savings and safety enhancements
- Serves as a Facilities site representative during interactions with all cross functional groups, as required.
Performs business process and administrative tasks including scope of work, cost assessment, and documentation.
- Provides oversight with scheduling and coordination of PM work orders including administering and monitoring planned and unplanned work order activity as well as conference room setup, as required
- Completes documentation associated with preventive, corrective and service work orders to ensure asset history and department metrics are maintained
- Provides input with Facilities service contracts to help ensure proper agreements are established, concise scopes of work are developed, and detailed schedules with service / labor costs are submitted
- Provides input with the development and revision of required preventive maintenance procedures, work instructions and guidance documents
- Supports Facilities operating budget within target goals for all contracted services and expenses
- Coordinates the identification, procurement and inventory control of spare parts, materials and supplies as required to ensure availability for maintained equipment.
Provides excellent customer service and support.
- Regularly reviews, prioritizes, coordinates and promptly responds to work orders and service requests.
- Provides technical support and guidance on facilities‐related issues. Interfaces with customers to ensure all expectations are being met
- Maintains a positive relationship with all the members of the Facilities department and our site customers while promoting a positive team environment
- May provide primary or backup support to all functions of the Shipping and Receiving area.
Maintains compliance with corporate, safety, security and regulatory policies.
- Maintains all assigned Corporate, Facilities and EHS training as required
- Provides administrative support with site security access and control
- Adheres to all safety procedures and hazard communication; updates and maintains applicable safety data sheets
- Maintains work areas in a clean, safe and organized state including all work rooms, storage areas, mechanical rooms and electrical areas.
Required Competencies‐Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic understanding of building systems including life‐safety, lighting, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing
- Knowledge of critical utility systems such as HVAC, plant steam, compressed air, vacuum, RO/DI water, compressed gas and emergency power systems
- Basic knowledge of facility management systems such as CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems), BMS (Building Management Systems) and Security access control /camera systems
- Familiarity with the operation and troubleshooting of incubators, refrigerators, freezers, cold rooms, and various lab equipment
- Experience in coordinating outside contractors in support of facility operations and maintenance, including system and equipment repair, upgrade, installation, start‐up and commissioning
- Ability to organize assigned tasks in a high paced environment and concurrently monitor tasks / assignments with others that may impact timely completion. Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and activities simultaneously.
- Ability to work “On Call”, overtime, off schedule and weekend hours to provide site operational support
- Moderate written and strong verbal communication skills. Proficient at writing well‐formulated emails and notifications. Ability to effectively communicate with employees, contractors and vendors. Ability to follow oral and written instructions, read, interpret and update engineering manuals/drawings relevant to the trade or the assigned task, and easily comprehend work orders.
- Working knowledge of building codes, NEC, NFPA, OSHA and other basic safety training
- Familiarity with FDA / cGXP environments and associated compliance regulations
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel and Outlook, and the ability to learn new software, such as enterprise business, building management, security, and maintenance management systems.
Education & Experience:
- AA / AS degree or acceptable trade certification of experience in combination of education and practical experience
- Minimum 4 years of Facilities / Operations experience supporting and troubleshooting HVAC, plant steam, compressed air, vacuum, RO/DI water and compressed gas systems.
Physical / Mental Demands:
- Occasional stooping, bending, stretching , pushing, pulling, reaching and/or lifting up to 50lbs
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and move within workspace for extended periods
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks including frequent hand to finger manipulations, grasping, pushing and pulling
- Ability to climb ladders and work in elevated areas.
- Ability to work safely in an environment with hazardous, radioactive, and infectious materials and waste.
- Ability to work safely in an environment with exposure to high temperature / pressure steam, and other fluids, compressed gasses, odors, various noise levels, moving parts, vibration, wet/slippery areas and high voltage energy supplies
- Environment may include working at heights, in cold temperatures, and/or constricted spaces
- Ability to work safely when working alone, or working with others.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.