Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit West
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act as a reimbursement navigator for patients, healthcare providers and pharmacies that opt into Patient Support services for both oral and IV Celgene products.
- Independently manage a case load within his/her geographic zone and provide seamless coverage for other Patient Support Specialists’ case load when necessary.
- Accurately and thoroughly document case notes
- Provide timely resolution to open cases
- Communicate with the patient/authorized representative, healthcare provider and specialty pharmacy to manage expectations
- Ability to manage critical conversations with patients, healthcare providers and pharmacies
- Comprehensive assessment of each case to determine appropriate avenue to maximize patient access to Celgene products.
- Respond to reimbursement questions
- Identify alternative resources available
- Provide guidance through Medicare Part D enrollment
- Determine eligibility for Celgene free goods program
- Provide support to customers in the implementation of Celgene REMs programs
- Develop and maintain a localized understanding of market access challenges. Utilize expertise to educate patients, healthcare providers and internal cross-functional partners.
- Effective collaboration with a variety of cross-functional internal partners to enhance market access of Celgene products.
- Develop and execute Celgene Patient Support business plan for accounts in assigned zone
- Plan and organize live CPS programs
- Establish goals and develop targeted plan
- Conduct educational presentations on reimbursement and Patient Support services
- Partner with market access field team to identify additional resources and share current payer and reimbursement trends
- Present to State Oncology Society meetings, industry conventions/seminars and patient advocacy groups
- Bachelor’s degree required. 2+ years experience in oncology, pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry preferred. RN, RPH, MSW, CPhT a plus.
- Has knowledge of IV and oral product reimbursement
- Understanding of the healthcare industry, including both private and government payer landscape
- Utilize critical thinking to problem-solve access challenges
- Utilize emotional intelligence
- Empathetic listening skills in order to interact effectively with patients and providers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead presentations that effectively impact understanding of key messages
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to balance independent priorities with the priorities of the team/organization
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multi-task and self-prioritize workload
- Proven experience resolving customer issues
- Works with all members of a team effectively
- A minimum of 25% travel required
- Bi-lingual, Spanish speaking preferred
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.