Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Senior Director, US I&I Finance & Business Planning
As a member of the US I&I Leadership Team, the Senior Director, Finance & Business Planning, will support and guide the US I&I affiliate in all operational and strategic finance and business planning matters. This leader will partner with the GM and other members of the US I&I leadership team to drive strategy, growth and operational excellence. The Senior Director will be responsible for revenue forecasts, as well as managing operating expenses for the affiliate, with the goal of optimizing the local P&L.
The Senior Director will collaborate closely with all members of the US I&I Leadership Team, the Global Franchise Finance & Business Planning Team, and Corporate Finance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage financial planning process for the US I&I team, including the Budget, LE, 3YOP and 5YLRP; deliver revenue and expense forecasts
- Connect data and the business, providing an integrated story with meaningful insights for I&I Leadership
- Develop TRx and patient-based forecast models, incorporating in-line and lifecycle indications; drive transparency in forecast assumptions and understanding of business performance
- Manage the P&L for the US I&I affiliate, supporting the Leadership to align resources with business strategy; balance short-term goals such as profitability and trade-off choices to achieve long-term success
- Support and appropriately challenge business and function heads in making strategic and operational decisions while steering the organization
- Provide financial analysis and strategic support to senior management including preparing business cases, forecast models, business opportunity assessments, presentations and other projects
- Fulfil stewardship responsibilities, relating to governance, compliance and control risks management
- Partner with Market Access to incorporate the Market Access strategy into near-term and long-term forecasts, as well as understand historical managed care performance
- Partner with GPDO to provide regular demand forecasts for in-line brands and new products/indications
- Partner with Human Resources to support Strategic Workforce Planning and the integration into financial planning
- Build the Finance function within US I&I, demonstrating the strategic value of the function, developing team members and core capabilities
- Manage two direct reports; develop team member functional skills and overall business knowledge
- MBA or degree in Finance & Business Administration
- At least 12 to 15 years of finance experience; pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience required
- Experience managing a team/direct reports
- Highly engaged team player with strong leadership skills, entrepreneurial mindset, strategic skills and a collaborative management style
- Agility and versatility to be a strategic financial partner and leader, paired with the ability to dive into the detail with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written & verbal communication and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to prioritize in a dynamic environment and pro-actively identify and recommend solutions for business efficiencies/opportunities
- Strong identification with Celgene’s values and leadership behaviors
- Minimal travel required
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.