Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit West
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Responsible for the overall design of the segment level solution architecture, balancing the need for access against security and performance requirements.
This role is recognized as an expert within enterprise architecture and other IT/business domains; directly influences the outcomes of Celgene’s architecture and IT initiatives; influences business strategies.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Plan function have responsibility for ensuring that Celgene reaches its desired architectural and technology landscape. This role
- Is responsible for the creation and on-going refresh of master plans (capability maps, architecture blueprints and the roadmap) of one or more functional areas to achieve the desired future landscape and business goals.
- Provides thought leadership to various IT initiatives and leadership teams.
- Understands Celgene’s technical strategies and roadmaps as it relates to Celgene’s overall strategic objectives with the ability to lead the continued build out reference architectures to support the enterprise strategies
- Consults with application or infrastructure development projects to align systems or infrastructure with the enterprise standards, and identify when it is necessary to modify the solution architecture to accommodate project needs.
- Ensures that all individual solution architecture design and analysis work (particularly as specific solutions are created or upgraded in projects by project architects or solution architects) is documented in a structured fashion matching the EA framework and is stored in a common place.
- Understands and advocates the principles of business and IT strategies, as well as of EA development and service delivery.
- Advocates the institutionalization of consistent architecture practices across the organization using Celgene’s IT operating model and EA frameworks
- Ensure that project management or solution delivery life cycle efforts and project architects specifically leverage all aspects of enterprise architecture
- Define models, including solution patterns, to guide solution decisions for the enterprise
- 10-20 years of progressive IT leadership experience within global, multi-tier environments; recent Enterprise Architecture experience (business, information and/or solution architecture) preferred.
- Extensive Knowledge of Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry processes and technology solutions is required, with a particular emphasis on knowledge of Drug Discovery, Early Development, Translational Clinical and Regulatory etc.
- Must have demonstrated expertise of strategic- and long-range planning, creating strategic roadmaps and development of technology strategies to meet business goals.
- Must have ability to: a) effectively interact with executive and senior management to assess solution/technology requirements and communicate architecture solutions; b) effectively lead matrix projects with global implications; c) create and manage required application and information architectural models and roadmaps; d) integrate architectures at the conceptual and logical levels, and assess appropriate solutions; e) work effectively as a team leader and team member; f) act as a steward of application portfolio information for the segment
- Deep knowledge of enterprise architecture (in general) and two (preferably more) of the following sub-disciplines: solution, information, and/or reference architecture; proven ability to apply this knowledge within a business context.
- Prior consulting experience is preferred. Bachelor's degree in one or more of the following areas, computer science/engineering, or related study. Additional degree or minor in chemistry, biology, computational biology or chemistry is a plus. An advanced degree is preferred.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.