Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
HR Operations provides operational support across all areas of HR. This function plays a lead role in driving thoughtful process and solutions that drive efficiency, reduce the cost of operations and mitigate operational risk globally. In addition, the function offers a broad range of administrative services to our internal HR partners.
The Sr. Mgr., Workday HCM Lead will continue to define, build and operate a platform and tools for human resource management and service. This role has overall responsibility for the definition, development, and maintenance of Workday. As the primary technology partner for all human capital requirements, the incumbent will work closely with our Information Technology partner, the head of HR Technology and the COEs. This position reports to the Sr. Director, Global HR Operations and Employee Services.
This position is will be responsible for:
- Oversee Workday releases; requiring effective collaboration with key internal stakeholder
- Lead and support upgrades, enhancements, testing and validation of systems
- Act as a functional subject matter expert on newly introduced features/products
- Partner with security lead and governance team to optimize the overall Workday security and configuration model
- Develop and maintain process documentation
- Partner with change management team to plan and execute a change management plan in conjunction to supplementary functionality
- Partner with IT Business Partner and HR Technology lead to recommend solutions leveraging Workday and where Workday is not an option, recommend additional options
- Work with stakeholders to document and prioritize enhancements
- Support HRIS with maintaining and troubleshooting downstream integrations from Workday
- Educate HR Ops team members and MyHR specialists on new functionality
- Participate in Workday Regional User Groups (RUGS) and other Workday collaboration events
- Manage and communicate weekly status reports
- Partner with Celgene governance team to prioritize requests across different stakeholders
- Manage Celgene’s contribution to and usage of Workday Community to further influence product development
- Key liaison with the Workday Customer Success Manager
- Identify, recommend and implement new or improved systems or processes in support of business growth and goals
- Maintain data integrity by proactively conducting audits and analyzing transactions
- Manage relationship with other technology teams (IT)
- Manage budget for all HR systems
- Manage vendor relationships
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Sound knowledge of Workday’s ‘Human Capital Management’ product, including advanced comp, payroll, and absence, and other application knowledge is a strong advantage
- Prior experience managing projects and working in a matrix environment is preferred
- Communication/client relationship skills: Ability to build trusting relationships and interact/negotiate with HR partners, IT and vendors
- The ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-changing environment
- Must be a team player who enjoys high volume, fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong verbal, written communication and organizational skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills in Excel, Access, Power Point, Project, etc…
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills a must
- Lead change through strategic perspective: Maintaining a clear perspective between the overall picture and the details.
- Achieve results through driving execution/speed and efficiency: Achieve agreed upon goals within the time allotted
- Inspire and motivate through fostering teamwork
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required with at least 10-years of appropriate HR Operations / professional experience
- Workday experience, either as a consultant or in-house is required
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.