Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Reporting & Analytics Ownership:
- Assist in development of Standardized Demand/Release Management processes for GCRDO systems
- Lead the operations supporting Demand/Release Management process for Reporting & Analytics systems in GCRDO
- Partner with GCRDO functions and IT to govern systems and information across GCRDO
- Partner with GCRDO functions to ensure alignment of business processes to systems
- Oversee business review, execution and approval of user acceptance testing related to analytics systems.
- Develop, maintain User Adoption and Change Management materials (Release Notes, Go-Live Communications, System Roadmap, etc).
- Assess Release planning and perform Impact assessment/Direct Regression Testing.
- Participate in review and assessment of all change requests related to analytics systems
Technology/Digital Enablement & Strategy:
- Participate in a robust system and data governance framework for current and potential applications via on-going landscape/capability assessments across GCRDO
- Partner with GCRDO functions and IT to identifying opportunities for, and drive application of, new and emerging technologies to business capabilities
- Leadership role in technology strategy and product roadmap definitions
- Assist in evaluating BI technologies and capabilities in support of our business.
- Providing Reporting & Analytics thought leadership and consultative guidance to enable the business strategy and goals to be achieved by GCRDO enabling the maximum value achieved via the use of analytics and technology.
- Serves as an 'analytics champion’ for GCRDO, educating stakeholders on the impact of applying advanced analytics.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Act as a coach/mentor and model behaviors to set examples
- Responsible for performance evaluations and development of direct reports
- Proactively anticipate problems, identify root causes and implement creative solutions
- Manage team conflicts to resolution and improved team collaboration
- Leverage networks to achieve influence with others
- Consistently act as team leader who decides best course of action
- Directs and develops project teams and serves as senior level management contact for all development issues, resolving technical issues timely and collaborating with key stakeholders to enhance business outcomes.
- 10+ years of Clinical Operations or Data Management
- 5+ years of consulting experience desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, data mining, machine learning, or related quantitative discipline
- Possesses high level initiative, ability to multi-task and prioritize in a matrixed environment, and is passionate about pursuing innovation and questioning the status quo.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), with the ability to communicate across multiple functions and levels
- Intellectually curious and proven ability to adapt quickly, learn new things (technology & business areas), evaluate issues, identify and validate problems areas
- Ability to work effectively with vendors and third party system integrators
- Demonstrated collaborative, consultative, problem solving, and analytical skills and a track record of driving change and business value through technology
- Must be able to demonstrate enthusiasm for the projects they are managing, focusing on managing change effectively and possess a customer-focused orientation
- Proficient in at least one enterprise data platform (Oracle, SQL Server, Hadoop, etc.) and visualization/dashboard tool (Tableau, Spotfire, QlikView, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of predictive modeling and data mining including commonly used third party data sources.
- Collaborates with cross functional team members, and across geographies as needed
- Handles conflicts with others in a constructive manner
- Solicits and offers feedback on working more effectively together
- Responds to changing business demands and opportunities, proactively looking for ways to contribute
- Asks question to better understand the rationale for and benefits of change
- Maintains optimism and composure in times of change, uncertainty, or stress
- Deals constructively with mistakes and setbacks
- Maintains a high level of performance in the face of ambiguity or change
- Responds openly to feedback viewing suggestions as learning opportunities
- Accepts challenging assignments and new responsibilities
Promote Open Communication:
- Clearly articulates ideas opinions, and information
- Listens to others’ viewpoints and asks questions to clarify for understanding
- Encourages open exchange of information and viewpoints
- Uses different communication methods appropriately
Communicates information that others need to know in order to do their jobs
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.