Other Locations:Switzerland- Boudry
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Pricing Excellence Analyst provides vital support to the P&MA Business Execution team by collecting, curating and analyzing pricing data for Celgene and competitive products. The goal of the Analyst position is to provide analysis & reports to define, measure and defend the list and average selling prices (ASP) of Celgene products. This is achieved by developing and supporting the use of structured price management tools, the collection and curation of accurate and timely pricing data and by conducting rigorous analysis to support pricing decisions.
Working within the Pricing Excellence team, the Analyst supports the development of specific pricing tools (e.g. to enable better decision making via improved processes), and via the generation of analyses and reports that support decision-makers. Working extensively with scenarios and forecasts, the Analyst ensures the team is well informed of the consequence of pricing decisions across the product lifecycle (i.e. launch, line extensions, loss of exclusivity). The Analyst also supports the Pricing Excellence team in the business planning process (e.g. LRP, Budget, 3-year Operating Plan, Quarterly Reviews) and ongoing P&MA activities (e.g. price reviews, negotiations, International Reference Pricing calculations) to achieve Celgene’s commercial goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Pricing system management, training and user support
- Ensure users have correct system access, working with business partners and the IT function, under the supervision of the Pricing Excellence team
- Assess, recommend and support the adoption of system upgrades, enhancements and resolution of issues as put forward by business users, working with business partners, the IT function and system vendor
- Serve as the first ‘go-to’ person for users achieve their goals, providing direct and remote support and elevating support requests where appropriate
- Train existing and new users on system functionality, providing multiple training formats and approaches to ensure all users achieve a high degree of proficiency
- Acting as a “super-user” of the system to trouble-shoot and resolve issues encountered by users
- Pricing data and content management
- Ensure accurate and timely set-up of product pricing data within the system, working with business partners and the IT function
- Process updates of exchange rates, volumes and prices when required
- Engage in data gathering, uploading, validating, transformation and archiving, working with internal and external partners as needed to ensure data accuracy
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to consolidate pricing data and insight relevant to Celgene products and markets into a “Single Source of Truth”
- Curating system content to ensure it remains relevant, up-to-date and organized for the benefit of users.
- Pricing analytics and reporting
- Support the Pricing Excellence team on tasks such as price forecasting, ad-hoc and routine analysis of price levels, identification of price trends, assessment of the impact of reference pricing
- Contribute to the establishment and assessment of price targets (list/ASP) through Celgene planning and forecasting processes
- Generation of reports and dashboards based on templates developed by the Pricing Excellence team, owning the process of calculation, compilation, validation, layout, distribution, etc.
- First degree in Business, Finance or Economics; Masters preferred. Healthcare system or medical training at any level not required but considered a plus
- 2-3 years’ experience as a business analyst, with at least 2 years in a full-time position
- Strong willingness to learn about pricing in the pharmaceutical industry, in particular international reference pricing and list-net price management
- Strong and well-demonstrated analytical skills, with a high degree of capability in using advanced packages (e.g. advanced Excel skills, QlikView, Tableau, etc.)
- Involvement in deployment and usage of “software as a service”, ideally with experience identifying requirements, testing, rollout, implementation and training
- Good interpersonal skills, team player, willing to work in an environment where individual initiative and accountability to the team are required
- Discreet and able to work with highly confidential information
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands with competing priorities and timelines, balancing short-term urgencies with long-term importance
- Fluent in English
Key collaborations and interactions
- Working under the supervision of the Pricing Excellence team, taking direction from multiple team members and organizing tasks accordingly
- Supporting the P&MA Business Execution team, including both Franchises, and providing ad-hoc support to the Summit-based Strategy team when requested by manager
- Collaborating closely with the Finance and Business Planning team on forecasting and performance measurement
- Working with and supervising the work of IT partners and system vendor.
- Timeliness, accuracy, completeness and quality of work delivered
- Achievement of personal and team goals
- Achievement of company pricing targets
- Contribution to financial performance of Celgene via pricing strategy