Other Locations:Denmark- Copenhagen
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
This individual will be responsible for the local policies, strategy, tactics and operational execution of the corporate affairs activities in Denmark across the Celgene portfolio, in cooperation with the local market access function and local country teams. This includes the following functional areas: patient advocacy, government relations, Internal communication and external communication including public relations.
Identifies key stakeholders in-market and at the region/national level, and establishes relationships with influencers and decision makers to facilitate broader and deeper market access for Celgene products. He or she has a deep understanding of the country political environment and healthcare structure, and is able to contribute to its regulatory decision-making process and policy environment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop local strategies and activities in accordance with regional and global policies towards governmental stakeholders, professional associations and NGO’s, in close collaboration with the director of corporate affairs.
- Develop and maintain a relevant network in this area.
- Monitor the regulatory, political and legal environment pertaining to innovative pharmaceutical industry issues.
- Communicate any relevant industry developments internally and advise the organization.
- Act as point of contact for LIF, DK (and if possible as active member of working group(s)) on behalf of Celgene.
- Develop and maintain a corporate policy and subsequent strategies towards patient organizations.
- Develop yearly Patient Advocacy plans in cooperation with existing disease teams and the Nordic CA team.
- Develop and maintain a relevant network of stakeholders in the field of Patient Advocacy.
- Act as primary point of contact and internal spokesperson for patient organizations in Denmark.
- University degree in science and/or business. Advanced degree in business, bioscience.
- Language; English, local country language preferred.
- Extended experience (5-10 years) in the pharmaceutical industry, in the field of patient advocacy, government affairs and/or communication or relevant equivalent job experience.
- Preferably a scientific background in medicine, pharmacology, biology or health sciences.
- Extended network in the pharmaceutical industry and with stakeholders.
- Excellent partnering skills, team orientation and the ability to influence outcomes.
- Knowledge of regulatory and legal processes and environment, understanding of procedures in the pharmaceutical industry and ability to establish relations with professionals and decision makers.
- Well-developed understanding of regulatory environment, including degree of market regulation centralisation/regionalisation (CPO-dependent), national and local environments.
- Well-developed understanding of drug product P&R and Listing processes, including processes for clinical guidelines and formularies.
- Ability to manage relationships with a high number of external customers.
- Proven ability to develop trust-based relationships with government officials, regulators, and other key KOLs.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in Danish and English.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Clearly articulates ideas, opinions and information promptly.
- Customer service- and satisfaction oriented.
- High quality and ethical standards.
- Act as a role model for others in line with Celgene values