Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit West; Switzerland- Boudry
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Sr Director, Global Logistics Operations
B.S. with advanced degree in business or equivalent experience. 15+ years of supply chain and logistics experience within the pharmaceutical industry. Hands on experience in supply chain operations, materials management, logistics & distribution, warehouse operations, and customer order fulfillment
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Global Head of Logistics Operations is responsible to lead Celgene’s internal and third-party logistics operations for all global markets and is accountable for worldwide delivery of Celgene products to central warehouses and distribution hubs. The position leads the Logistics Operations management teams for: North America Center of Excellence, International Rest of World Center of Excellence and Specialty Logistics at Celgene. This position has budget responsibility for operational and project budgets in Logistics Operations globally.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Accountable for the leadership of Logistics Operations, business process performance, people management, talent development and operating budget
- Expertise and leadership to drive world-wide Logistics network strategy & operating models.
- Build and manage a global physical distribution network to assure optimal inventory management/replenishment and reliable delivery of Celgene products
- Build and manage Logistics Operations for optimal quality, safety, environmental sustainability, cost-effectiveness and asset utilization.
- Lead the operations in a global, harmonized manner with execution in a decentralized way.
- Implementation of supply chain systems and technology to simplify, improve productivity, and enable predictivity of logistics planning & operations.
- Oversee Logistics Service Provider implementation plans, and distribution operations to ensure delivery and storage of all finished and semi-finished goods to support Celgene’s business needs, in a compliant and cost-effective manner
- Governance of Logistics Operations business processes and ownership of third party / LSP relationships.
- Business processes include but are not limited to: Inventory Management, Replenishment planning, Order Management, Customer Service, Distribution planning, Returns, Transportation, Import/Export, Warehouse Management, Sample management, Specialized Logistics, LSP management
- This role may also be responsible for managing LSP relationships & contracts and relationships with Celgene Affiliates
- This role may also represent Celgene on external logistics industry committees and/or on board of directors for Celgene Logistics legal entities
- Strong collaboration to create a culture of high performance
- Development of business continuity and risk mitigation plans
- Build strong partnership with peer groups and departments in Global Logistics (i.e. Global Logistics Strategy and Logistics Excellence)
- Build cross-functional relationships with Commercial, Finance/Tax/Treasury, Legal, Clinical Supply, Channel Account Management
- Transparent communication with stakeholders and customers.
- Accountable for compliance of Logistics Operations processes with GDP, legal, financial and reporting requirements
- Responsible for managing the Logistics Operations department, including budget responsibility
- Monitor, improve and sustain logistics performances metrics to meet or exceed targets.
- Long term strategic logistics planning.
- Deliver business results through timely and quality decision making
- EHS: Line Managers shall provide a safe and healthy work environment for their staff in areas under their control, and shall ensure compliance with relevant rules and legislation in those areas.
Experience / Specific Job-related Skills
- Minimum of 15 years logistics and supply chain experience, ideally in the pharmaceutical industry and in a complex manufacturing/supply environment
- Hands on experience in supply chain operations, sales & operations planning, materials management, logistics, warehouse / physical distribution, and customer order fulfilment.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing operations, exposure to Lean/Six Sigma principles and use of continuous improvement methodology/tools
- Global operations experience, import / export operations, working knowledge of regulatory, drug licensing, and operating requirements in a global market.
- Global supplier relationship management, contract management & Compliance, control and oversight of contractor / supplier performance.
- Understands supply chain, manufacturing, fulfilment, capital, and capacity metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and effective relationships/partnerships with peers and stakeholders
- Strong communication, presentation, decision making, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Excellent people management skills with multicultural background and a strong track record of developing people/talent and organizational capability
- Proven to possess highly developed project management skills
- Extensive acumen in problem solving, managing priorities and commitment to quality & safety
- Advanced intercultural skills to facilitate successful interactions in international markets
- Solid understanding of finance and legal topics to facilitate cross functional collaboration
- Minimum educational requirement is a BS or a BA.
- Understanding of ERP systems
- Strong computer skills and advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness for high-level (>30%) of regional and international travel
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.