Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit West
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Sr Director, Global Logistics Network Strategy
B.S. with advanced degree in business or equivalent experience. 15+ years of supply chain and logistics experience within the pharmaceutical industry. Hands on experience in supply chain operations, logistics & distribution strategy, logistics project management, materials management, and warehouse operations.
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Global Head of Logistics Network Strategy is responsible to define, develop and implement strategies and/or new capabilities for Celgene’s global warehouse and distribution network. The position leads global programs and enterprise initiatives for Global Logistics. This position is accountable for the global Serialization program at Celgene This position has budget responsibility for operational and project budgets in Global Logistics Network Strategy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for Logistics Strategy people management, talent development and operating budget
- Expertise and leadership to drive world-wide Logistics network strategy & operating models.
- Responsible for building and developing strategy for logistics network optimization/transformation based on knowledge of Logistics Operations, LSP agreements, benchmarking to best practices, industry trends
- Align with peer groups and obtain endorsement of business cases and project plans to implement strategies.
- Build and manage Logistics Strategy for optimal quality, safety, environmental sustainability, cost-effectiveness and asset utilization.
- Responsible for Serialization global strategy, implementation, and readiness
- This role may also be responsible for managing strategic projects or major programs that benefit or impact the broader logistics network
- Identify and assess supply chain systems, technology, industry best practices to simplify, improve productivity, and enable predictivity of logistics planning & operations.
- Build strong partnership with peer groups and departments in Global Logistics (i.e. Global Logistics Operations and Logistics Excellence)
- Represent Global Logistics in Sales & Operations Planning, Integrated Business Planning, and on product Technical Commercialization Teams
- Build cross-functional relationships with Commercial, Finance/Tax/Treasury, Legal, Clinical Supply, Channel Account Management
- Robust internal and external connectivity and networking in Logistics industry
- Develop compelling business cases for projects/programs based on robust analytics, (i.e. what-if scenario analysis, cost/time/resource analysis)
- Continually assess Global Logistics business strategies and processes with the mindset of continuous evolvement.
- Monitor internal and external industry trends
- Strong collaboration to create a culture of high performance
- Support business continuity and risk mitigation plans
- Transparent communication with stakeholders and customers.
- Accountable for compliance of Logistics Strategy projects/programs with GDP, legal, financial and reporting requirements
- Responsible for managing the Logistics Strategy department, including budget responsibility
- Lead department in a global, harmonized manner with execution in a decentralized way.
- Monitor, improve and sustain logistics performances metrics to meet or exceed targets.
- Long term strategic logistics planning.
- EHS: Line Managers shall provide a safe and healthy work environment for their staff in areas under their control, and shall ensure compliance with relevant rules and legislation in those areas.
Experience / Specific Job-related Skills
- Minimum of 15 years logistics and supply chain experience, ideally in the pharmaceutical industry and in a complex manufacturing/supply environment
- Hands on experience in experience in supply chain operations, logistics & distribution strategy, logistics project management, materials management, and warehouse operations.
- Proven to possess highly developed project management skills.
- Global operations experience, import / export operations, working knowledge of regulatory, drug licensing, and operating requirements in a global market.
- Global supplier relationship management, contract management & Compliance, control and oversight of contractor / supplier performance.
- Understands supply chain, manufacturing, fulfilment, capital, and capacity metrics.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing operations and exposure to Lean/Six Sigma principles
- Strategic thinker who recognizes patterns/trends, asks probing question, discerns the key/significant points
- Creates business strategy and leadership strategy; implements tactics that are consistent with strategy
- Strong communication, presentation, decision making and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and a network of effective relationships with peers, with stakeholders, and within the Industry
- Excellent people management skills with multicultural background and a strong track record of developing people/talent and organizational capability
- Extensive acumen in problem solving, managing priorities and commitment to quality & safety
- Strong intercultural skills to facilitate successful interactions in international markets
- Solid understanding of finance (Tax/Treasury), commercial and legal topics to facilitate cross functional collaboration
- Deliver business results through timely and quality decision making
- Minimum educational requirement is a BS or a BA.
- Understanding of ERP systems
- Strong computer skills and advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness for high-level (>30%) of regional and international travel
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.