Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit West
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Global Head of Logistics Excellence & Capabilities is responsible for the compliance, performance monitoring and performance improvement of Celgene’s Global Logistics Operations. The position leads the Logistics Excellence & Capabilities management teams for: Global Trade Compliance, Logistics Operational Excellence/Process Improvement, Logistics Performance Monitoring, and potentially Logistics Business Solutions Support. This position has budget responsibility for operational and project budgets in Global Logistics Excellence & Capabilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for managing the Logistics Excellence & Capabilities department, including people management, talent development, & budget responsibility
- Monitor, improve and sustain logistics performances metrics to meet or exceed targets
- Reinforce overall Logistics performance and process efficiency to meet Global Logistics customer needs
- Create and publish Global Logistics KPI and performance reports
- Align with peer groups and obtain endorsement of improvement priorities and implementation plans.
- Responsible for project management and execution for logistics process improvements
- Lead and facilitate community of practice and virtual centers of excellence in Global Logistics
- This role may also be responsible for leading continuous improvement programs and/or compliance projects that benefit or impact logistics business processes
- Represent Global Logistics during Health Authority, Security, and other trade compliance audits. Prepare audit responses and implement corrective action plans
- Lead annual risk assessment and business continuity plans with Security, Quality, etc.
- Develop and maintain Global Logistics SOPs/Work Practices
- Lead change management process and controls for Global Logistics business processes
- Implement and/or leverage systems and technology to simplify, improve productivity, and enable predictivity of logistics planning & operations.
- Potentially provide logistics business solutions support (Super User)
- Build strong partnership with peer groups and departments in Global Logistics (i.e. Global Logistics Operations and Logistics Strategy)
- Develop compelling case for logistics process improvement based on robust analytics, (i.e. what-if scenario analysis, cost/time/resource analysis)
- Continually assess Global Logistics business processes with the mindset of continuous improvement
- Monitor internal and external industry trends
- Strong collaboration to create a culture of high performance
- Transparent communication with stakeholders and customers.
- Accountable for compliance of Logistics Excellence & Capabilities projects/programs with GDP, legal, financial and reporting requirements
- Lead department in a global, harmonized manner with execution in a decentralized way.
- EHS: Line Managers shall provide a safe and healthy work environment for their staff in areas under their control, and shall ensure compliance with relevant rules and legislation in those areas.
Experience / Specific Job-related Skills
- Minimum of 10 years logistics and supply chain experience, ideally in the pharmaceutical industry and in a complex manufacturing/supply environment
- Significant logistics operational experience.
- Understanding of end-to-end logistics processes.
- Hands on experience in experience in supply chain operations, logistics project management, and Global Trade Compliance.
- Lean / Six Sigma certification and and proven track record in using LSS methodology/tools
- Understands supply chain, manufacturing operations, fulfilment, capital, and capacity metrics.
- Experience in deploying and reporting KPIs with leading indicators
- Leadership experience for continuous improvement projects
- Proven to possess highly developed project management skills (PMP certification a plus)
- Working knowledge of import / export operations and supplier relationship management, contract management
- Working knowledge of manufacturing operations, regulatory, drug licensing, and operating requirements in a global market.
- Strong communication, presentation, decision making and negotiation skills.
- Excellent people management skills with multicultural background and a strong track record of developing people/talent and organizational capability
- Extensive acumen in problem solving, managing priorities and commitment to quality & safety
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and effective relationships with peers and stakeholders
- Strong intercultural skills to facilitate successful interactions in international markets
- Deliver business results through timely and quality decision making
- Minimum educational requirement is a BS or a BA.
- Understanding of ERP systems
- Strong computer skills and advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness for high-level (>30%) of regional and international travel
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.