Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit West
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Associate Director, Enterprise Master Data Product Steward
8 to 10 years of in depth experience as a Product Data Domain expert who has a track record of deploying Data Governance operating models and MDM solutions in life sciences.
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
This strategic role serves in a leadership capacity to execute Celgene’s Enterprise Product Domain roadmap using current knowledge and leveraging best practices related to Data Governance, Master Data Management and Data Quality. The focus of the role will lead the Enterprise Product Domain council, establishing processes, roles and responsibilities and technology in support of once entered, multiple consumed data strategy. In addition, s/he will serve as the Product Domain Data Steward for the Global Supply organization, establishing a federated data governance model across functions including, but not limited to, internal / external manufacturing, planning, logistics, product security etc.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Recognized leader as the Product Domain expert across the Enterprise, providing overall direction for Product data from a business and information management perspective
- Lead and facilitate the Enterprise Product Domain Governance Council, influencing key stakeholders of master data, including but not limited to Scientific R&D, Pharmaceutical Development, Project Leadership, Global Supply, Quality, Finance, Commercial to confirm on-going function business participation and ownership.
- Ensure the Product data strategy is aligned with overall Celgene business objectives and strategy
- Accountable for setting and achieving Enterprise Product data governance goals
- Drive the development, launching, refinement and scaling of product master attribution prioritization across the enterprise and ensure master data aligns with overall business unit objectives, i.e. IDMP.
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Taxonomy and Product Domain Data Governance Council to align on the definition of Enterprise data standards ensuring appropriate stakeholder involvement across business & IT, incorporating related industry and regulatory standards/requirements.
- Establish / implement standards and polices along with processes and communication channels to ensure data integrity and change management leveraging other council members as appropriate.
- Accountable for deciding appropriate source systems and consumption for downstream usage of data in other domains, systems and reports, linking stakeholders with data providers.
- Define data quality metrics and monitoring/ adherence processes, leveraging other council members as appropriate. Support issue resolution and corrective actions.
- Regularly report on governance and data quality metrics, progress, issues and risks to the Executive Sponsor and Steering Committee.
- Act as a Business Leader for the Product MDM technology implementation program, including oversite of workstreams, managing business stakeholder communications/expectations. Oversee the business process change impact on new and/or existing global processes.
- Champion effective master data processes and educate stakeholders on key issues and opportunities, communicating the impact on complex integrated business processes.
- Coordinate with other Enterprise Data Stewards and Domain representatives at Celgene to establish and implement best practices and procedures for Data Governance, Data Stewardship and Data Quality improvement
- Act as the Product Domain Steward for Global Supply and establish/oversee and influence a cross functional federated data operating model to support the implementation of enterprise standards.
- Proactively work across global supply to review the alignment and needs of enterprise product data; identify new data business needs and data quality projects to course-correct or improve as appropriate.
- Steward existing standards ensuring they are current, approved and aligned with global supply business needs meeting end-to-end business processes and promoting data reuse.
- Educate and oversees appropriate training and correct use of the standard.
Experience / Specific Job-related Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, information Systems, Business, analytics or engineering/ biology related field, (Master's degree preferred)
- 8-10 years’ professional experience in the pharmaceutical/ biotechnology industry or related experience.
- Experience within a GXP environment of the pharmaceutical industry with preferred technical, quality and regulatory experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven track record in the data management and data governance areas; experience with large master data management (MDM) applications and knowledge in product master key data concepts.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including relationship-building and collaboration skills with clear ability to influence, gain buy-in and negotiate with a diverse group of key business partners/stakeholders including senior management.
- Detail oriented, results driven, and has the ability to navigate in a quickly changing and high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- A deep understanding of data and analytics across multiple systems, ERP’s etc.
- Demonstrated excellence at identifying stakeholders, understanding needs, and driving to resolution.
- Experience creating standards/ policies and the documentation of specified process related to managing enterprise data.
- Demonstrated a deep and comprehensive understanding of the importance and impact of data (or bad data) on the ability of the business to meet its own objectives.
- Ability to clearly communicate business case problem statements and supporting cost benefit analysis.
- Must display a strong cross functional, End-To-End understanding of standards within and across data domains to enable data sharing across the organization.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.