Other Locations:US- CA- San Diego- Science Park
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
This position will work within the Preclinical Sciences Department conducting a wide range of pharmacokinetic and pharmacology studies with involvement at every stage.
- Participate in pharmacology and PK studies in collaboration with all members of the preclinical team;
- Experimental set-up including formulation and preparation for sample and data collection;
- Conduct pharmacology and PK studies (acute and chronic) in rodents using multiple administration routes;
- Prepare detailed summary of studies in laboratory notebook and arrange for peer review;
- Preparation and preliminary analysis of data and;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Play a key role in meeting cross-functional goals through commitment, quality standards and a customer service orientation.
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters professionalism, mutual respect, teamwork and collaboration with the end goal of high quality productivity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- BS in a scientific discipline;
- One (1) year experience, respectively, conducting pharmacokinetic (PK) and pharmacology studies in rodents, including compound administration by multiple routes and harvesting blood and tissue samples;
- Highly experienced in animal handling (dosing/blood collection) with an equal ability to notice and gauge animal behavior;
- Able to follow instructions relevant to the preparation of basic formulations including calculations (e.g., molarity, salt correction, dose volume, dose concentration);
- Familiar with PK sample processing and storage (centrifugation, preparation for extraction, sample shipment and storage conditions);
- Comfortable of using computers, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, e-mail, internet and Prism (graphing);
- Highly detail-oriented, able to accurately participate in new and existing protocols and possesses strong record keeping skills;
- Able to identify potential study issues and bring them to the attention of the team;
- Capable of working within a fast-paced team environment that is focused on meeting corporate goals and adapting to changing project needs
- Oversee the shipment, receipt and analysis of externally-analysed samples (e.g., clinical chemistry and hematology)
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.