Other Locations:US- CA- San Francisco- Owens Street Celgene
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Facilities Senior Coordinator supports the successful operation of facility, laboratory and business functions at multi-use sites through interaction with internal customers and external service providers. The incumbent in this role, contributes to the completion of specific milestones associated with projects impacting cross-functional teams, supports the department on diverse projects that extend beyond their functional area, and may provide project management leadership on tasks of moderate scope specific to their functional area. With little or no direction, this individual carries out routine tasks and functions. Using analytical skills and expertise, the incumbent independently identifies and solves problems of minor scope and complexity. The individual works collaboratively with their immediate supervisor, team members and internal and external customers to achieve team goals and uses informal leadership opportunities and effective communication to influence team direction and continue to build trust and value.
Coordinates Facilities services and administrative functions to ensure optimal function, aesthetics and condition at expansive or multi-site facilities.
- Collaborates on space planning activities including headcount projection requirements, seating map and enterprise space planning system (FM) updates, and customer interface support at multiple sites or an expansive site
- Administers computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) including data input, system upgrades and enhancements, and report/metric generation. May provide electronic work order administration including generation, monitoring, distribution and closing of work orders.
- Develops and presents monthly metric reports to monitor and evaluate department operational targets
- Maintains facilities files including drawings, permits, certificates and maintenance records to ensure compliance
- Provides oversight with scheduling and coordination of PM work orders including administering and monitoring planned and unplanned work order activity
- Provides oversight, support and direction to outside contracted service providers, as required.
- Performs daily rounds of building, grounds and equipment per work instructions. Identifies health and safety hazards, maintenance and repair issues, and takes appropriate action to remedy findings including prompt notification to management
- Provides 24/7 response to critical equipment and utilities alarms
Provides procurement system and budgetary oversight at expansive or multi-site facilities.
- Supports Facilities operating budget within target goals for all contracted services and expenses.
- Creates and enters facility requisitions with pertinent information and attachments
- Tracks and reconciles departmental invoices and payments
- Develops and manages budget tracking and reporting system including monthly over/under reporting
- Facilitates the capital and expense forecasting process
- Manages vendor scope of work, proposals and inquiries
- Submits new vendor submission documents or current vendor revisions to Finance
Performs contract management including scope of work, cost assessment, and documentation.
- Provides oversight with all facilities vendor contracts including coordinating the RFQ/RFP process, pricing and services negotiation, scope of work and renewal dates
- Serves as Facilities Liaison with Legal and Strategic Sourcing to ensure corporate and vendor contract terms are met
- Validate terms/pricing and monitor contract/project timelines. Creates action plan to address issues
- Reviews and interprets property leases, and may serve as a site representative during landlord interactions to ensure corporate expectations are preserved.
Initiates and manages projects of moderate scope and complexity within their functional area.
- Manages the upkeep and improvement of facility interior architectural components and finishes; determines scope of work, material and equipment needed, anticipates next steps, and coordinates with impacted groups
- Serves as a Facilities site representative during interactions with all cross functional groups, as required
- Participates in utility conservation or process cost savings and improvement initiatives.
- Provides input with the development and revision of required preventive maintenance procedures, work instructions and guidance documents
Promotes and provides excellent customer service and support.
- Regularly reviews, prioritizes, coordinates and promptly responds to work orders and service requests
- Interfaces with R&D customers to provide guidance on facility business issues and to ensure all expectations are being met
- Maintains a positive relationship with all the members of the Facilities department and our site customers while promoting a positive team environment
- Primary support to all functions of the Shipping and Receiving area.
Maintains compliance with corporate, safety, security and regulatory policies.
- Maintains all required Corporate, Facilities and EHS training as required
- Coordinates administrative support of site security access and control
- Provides oversight with all departmental training requirements to ensure compliance
- Drives maintenance of facilities business continuity and crisis management documents and notification systems to ensure current and accurate information.
Required Competencies-Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Highly proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook with extensive background in database systems. Innate ability to learn new software, such as enterprise business, building management, security, and maintenance management systems.
- Strong working knowledge in facility management systems such as CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems), Security access control /camera systems, and/or computer training systems
- Working knowledge of enterprise business systems such as Oracle or SAP
- Knowledge of accounting principles. Experience with departmental budget management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Highly proficient at writing well-formulated emails and notifications. Ability to effectively communicate with employees, contractors and vendors. Experience with technical writing and document development / generation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience dealing with a diverse workforce
- Strong multi-tasking ability in conjunction with proven organizational skills. Ability to organize assigned tasks in a high paced environment and concurrently monitor tasks / assignments with others that may impact timely completion. Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and activities simultaneously
- Experience in coordinating outside contractors in support of facility operations, maintenance and ancillary systems
- Knowledge of building systems including life-safety, lighting, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing
- Familiarity with building utility systems and lab equipment
- Basic knowledge of local, state and federal building codes
- Familiarity with FDA / cGXP environments and associated compliance regulations.
- 10 -15% travel to multiple Celgene sites providing project and operational oversight
- Professional Knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Team Player / Building Relationships
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Active Listening
Education & Experience:
- AA / AS degree or acceptable trade certification of experience in combination of education and practical experience
- Minimum 6 years of Facilities coordinating / planning experience, preferably in a biotech environment.
Physical / Mental Demands:
- Occasional stooping, bending, stretching , pushing, pulling, reaching and/or lifting up to 25lbs
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and move within workspace for extended periods
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks including hand to finger manipulations, grasping, pushing and pulling.
- Primarily office environment
- Ability to work safely in an environment with potential exposure to hazardous or infectious materials and waste.
- Ability to work safely when working alone, or working with others.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.