Other Locations:US- NJ- Warren
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Associate Bioengineer II, Analytical R&D
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS (may include, be not limited to)
- Responsible for carrying out laboratory experiments and analysis in support of characterization/qualification, validation, and/or transfer of analytical methods.
- Conduct experiments/analysis independently and may assist other scientists/analysts with experiments employing various methodologies, including: flow cytometry, ELISA, cell counting, qPCR, cell culture, etc.
- Draw conclusions from data and results and communicate effectively within/across groups.
- Perform tracking and trending of assay data.
- Contribute to scientific technical writing of validation and/or transfer protocols and reports.
- Provide training of assays to quality control or CMOs.
- Use laboratory notebooks to document laboratory experiments in compliance with cGMP requirements.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment in accordance with policies/procedures and OSHA safe practices.
- Provide training for analytical release and stability assays.
- BS/MS in Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry or relevant discipline with equivalent experience.
- Ideally a minimum of 2 - 4 years recent laboratory experience.
- Experience/knowledge with flow cytometry, ELISA, microbiology/safety assays, cell culture, qPCR.
- Basic understanding of analysis software, experience in statistical design and analysis of experiment is a plus.
- Understanding of basic experimental design and scientific reasoning.
- Experience in assay transfer, training, or technical writing is a plus.
- Highly motivated, willingness to acquire new skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be proficient in MS Office suite of software.
- Good communication skills.
Able to work well in team environment to achieve results.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.