Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit West
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Advanced Scientific or Medical Degree, MS, Pharm D, PhD, or MD preferred
Publication/medical writing experience required
Relevant therapeutic background/clinical experience preferred
The medical writer position requires experience in the pharmaceutical industry, developing scientific communications in consult with other publication team members. These include scientific abstracts, posters, manuscripts, presentation materials, and other medical/scientific deliverables for an external clinical audience . Ability to interpret complex scientific/clinical data and distill it clearly and concisely for a variety of medical audiences. Responsible for the development of high-quality medical content across a range of therapeutic areas for marketed and pipeline compounds. Accountable for timelines and working closely with key cross-functional stakeholders to ensure expert input and overall quality of written documents, medical/scientific deliverables.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Ability to prioritize effectively among multiple deliverables with assistance from other Sci Comm team members. –
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Writes and edits clinical/scientific documents supporting research activities and business needs (e.g. abstracts, posters, oral presentations, manuscripts, enduring material, slide decks).
- Critically analyzes, synthesizes, and presents complex information for various levels of clinical audiences, and adequately formats and references all content.
- Ensures timely production of high quality documents for publication in journals and presentation at congresses.
- Develops and maintains necessary templates to ensure that documents generated meet industry as well as internal and external requirements (journals & congresses).
- Develops content that meets the project’s objectives, ensuring scientific and medical accuracy and follows all industry standards including but not limited to AMA, ICMJE, and all Celgene standards for scientific communication.
- Consistently deliver high-quality publications and enduring material on time, works closely with Sr Dir. Scientific Communications, and the extended Scientific Communications team.
- Addresses and incorporates edits requested by the cross-functional team, co-authors as well as internal reviewers.
- Utilizes a project management tool to communicate and track project status
- Conducts business in accordance with Celgene Values. Completes all assigned SOPs and training within designated timeframe and adheres to job-specific SOPs and work instructions.
- Ideal candidate should have an advanced degree in life or health sciences, and knowledge of the drug development process.
- Experience or background in working within the pharmaceutical industry, awareness of compliance issues and guidelines around medical education and publications.
- Extensive knowledge of ethical publication guidelines; follow Good Publication Practice (GPP3) guidelines and International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) recommendations
- 3+ years of medical writing experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry or CRO environment, including developing clinical/scientific publications (abstracts, posters, oral presentations, manuscripts, medical educational material). NOTE: regulatory writing experience (i.e. development of CSRs and other filing documents) is ok but not sufficient alone.
- Excellent medical writing/copy/editing skills, sound clinical judgment, meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, act as a document specialist and provide intellectual input across document types.
- Ability to quickly learn new medical subjects, conceptually organize and analyze data, interpret, and synthesize complex clinical and non-clinical statistical reports to derive key outcomes and communications, and ability to translate scientific and technical issues for diverse audiences.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team, work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams and coordinate efforts in order to ensure successful execution of deliverable.
- Flexible, with positive attitude, strong ability to multi task, adapt to changing deadlines and prioritize projects effectively, and comfortable to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, PowerPoint, and experience working with electronic document management systems (e.g. Datavision, Pub Strat, SharePoint, etc).
- Partially remote working options will be considered for this position, however working from the office will be required for the majority of days during the week.
- Some overnight travel may be required to represent company at medical conferences, presentations, and other meetings (domestic and/or international).
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.