Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit West
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Associate Director, Project Management GPDO
Business Operations, Global Pharmaceutical Development and Operations
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5-7 yrs Pharma experience / 5 yrs Project Management experience or equivalent. PMP certification desirable
Summary: This global position will support one or more Pharmaceutical Development and/or Technical Commercialization Teams within Global Pharmaceutical Development and Operations (GPDO). He/she will be responsible for the management of the day-to-day activities for these programs. He/she is accountable to the teams Compound Leaders and Technical Commercialization Leaders to manage critical path activities and risks, as well as to assist in the development of contingency plans, and to manage overall project planning, cross-functional team meetings, and the development of updates and presentations for management. This role requires the ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative and cooperative working relationships with team members across different functions and at different levels within the organization. This position may be appointed as secretary of governance committees, as needed.
The roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage multiple, complex cross-functional Pharmaceutical Development and/or Technical Commercialization projects, with a focus on helping to develop the program strategy with the team leader, as well as driving the execution of the program
- Responsible for developing and coordinating resource planning across functions to assure that adequate resources are being applied to the project
- Effectively manage team meetings, including the scheduling of meetings, the preparation of agendas, the development of meeting minutes, and the follow up on action items, while doing so using the standardized tools developed within GPDO Business Operations
- With input from the Leader and the team members, lead the team in the development of an integrated timeline, while ensuring that GPDO team timelines are aligned with the Global Project Team timelines
- Tracks the various parts of the timeline with the sub-teams and brings issues to the leader’s attention
- Serves as a member of sub-teams to assure that functional deliverables are completed on time, on budget, and according to quality standards
- Proactively identify program risks and work with the team and team leader to develop contingency plans
- Develop critical path analyses in an effort to identify potential ways to accelerate timelines, reduce costs or mitigate risks
- Working with the team and team leader, contribute to the development of annual team goals and objectives, as well as team presentations for Governance Committee meetings
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly status reports, including those for the GPDO Leadership Team
- Promote a culture of collaboration, cooperation, execution excellence, effective communication and cross-functional problem-solving in an effort to become a high-performing team.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring other project managers, as necessary
- Ensure that team recommendations related to project direction, timelines and budget which need endorsement by Decision Committees are planned for review by the Committees at the appropriate timepoints
- Act as the delegate for the Leader, as needed
- Broad knowledge of the drug development process
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to earn the trust of team members and management
- Must be able to interact and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Must be competent in Project Management tools and methodologies
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.