Other Locations:US- MA- Cambridge
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
We are currently seeking an innovative scientist with expertise in immunology, inflammation, and autoimmune diseases to join our Immunology & Inflammation Discovery Biology group in Cambridge, MA. He/she will be expected to contribute ideas for new drug discovery projects, establish state-of-the-art cellular assays and in vivo and ex vivo models to validate therapeutic targets, demonstrate efficacy of lead compounds, perform detailed mechanism of action studies, and provide translational biology support to programs as they enter and move through clinical development.
This position requires s Ph.D. with at least 2 years of work experience, bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline with at least 10 years work experience or Master’s degree with at least 8 years work experience.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Research experience in inflammatory & autoimmune diseases and/or cancer immunotherapy is required.
- Extensive hands-on experience in isolation, culture, and characterization of primary immune cells from human and animal tissues is required.
- Extensive cell-based and biochemical assay development experience with a variety of readout technologies including flow cytometry, ELISA, and immunofluorescence is required.
- The successful candidate will have outstanding experimental design, troubleshooting, and data analysis skills. Experience with laboratory automation and/or bioinformatics would be a plus.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration and organizational skills are required.
- Able to distill complex issues and clearly articulate innovative solutions.
- Ability to demonstrate effectiveness and growth in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment.
- Some prior experience managing research associates is a plus.
- Excellent record of performance and scientific accomplishments as demonstrated by impactful contributions to the scientific community, pipeline contributions, peer reviewed publications and patent applications.
- Clear evidence of sustained independent thought and creativity in developing and implementing advanced technology and ideas for new drug discovery projects.
- Individuals with strong leadership, communication skills, and with experience in participating in and/or leading multi-disciplinary project teams are encouraged to apply.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.