Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following: 1) carry out routine purification needs (via SFC and HPLC) for the medicinal chemistry team, 2) develop and optimize analytical methods, 3) synthesize and purify small focused libraries for medicinal chemistry projects, 4) compose reports and findings in descriptive and clear formats to the supervisor or chemistry colleagues.
This position is in the HTMC (High Throughput Medicinal Chemistry) group which is part of the medicinal chemistry group at Celgene Cambridge.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Responsible for the routine purification needs for the medicinal chemistry team - Chiral purification using SFC, achiral purifications using HPLC
2. Responsible for the routine method development and analysis of chiral and achiral compounds as well as interpreting data and communicating results to medicinal chemistry team members
3. Maintain the high-throughput purification lab and associated equipment, including open access instrumentation and guiding others on the use of the instrumentations
4. Under supervision, carry out synthesis and purification of project-specific small focused libraries
5. Routine use of an electronic laboratory notebook (ELN)
6. Presentations in departmental or project meetings, as needed
Bachelor’s degree in a chemistry or related scientific discipline with at least 6 years work experience or Master’s degree with at least 4 years work experience
Skills / Knowledge Required:
Other Characteristics & Traits:
• Demonstrate independent, scientifically-directed, and innovative thinking
• Anticipate the need for contingencies and develop alternative strategies
• Understanding of function as it relates to achievement of department or project needs and goals
• A good team player
#LI-POSTCelgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Not ready to apply?Join Our Talent Network
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company committed to improving the lives of patients worldwide. At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing treatments for our patients.