Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit West
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
At Celgene, we’re focused on delivery of breakthrough medicines that address unmet medical needs for patients. The availability of technologies to connect workers to create efficient, intuitive and highly productive user experiences has never been greater. We seek a talented, collaborative individual to lead the end user technology vision, capabilities and platforms for end user technologies globally across Celgene. We envision the user experience to be intuitive and seamless fueling user productivity, while utilizing highly innovative and integrated technologies. Every technology which a user interfaces with including but not limited to laptops, mobile devices, VDI, Audio Visual equipment, Messaging software, and teleconferencing, are integrated, easy to use, and provide an experience that is delightful to users. Play a key role in unleashing the power of technology to enable innovative Celgene teams in a fast growing and highly innovative environment.
As part of Celgene’s global IT Global Planning & Technology Services team, this opportunity is perfect for an individual with excellent leadership, communication and collaboration skills and a passion for innovating and delivering breakthrough solutions. Ideal applicants are looking to bridge the gap between the explosion of highly innovative technology with the need to industrialize, secure and support the capabilities globally, while resulting in a predictable and ever delightful user experience.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaboration with peers to drive the Celgene’s End User Technology strategy and platform roadmaps.
- Develop and execute on the strategic roadmap to drive the transformation of Celgene’s End User Technology quality as Celgene expands globally and expands the number of workers who will utilize the capability.
- Partner with Operations on execution of the End User Technology roadmap and insure seamless transition from Design to Implementation to Operations and Support.
- Design solutions with the needed security protections.
- Manage a continuous improvement approach to managing vendors to insure optimization and improvements to effectiveness and efficiency as Celgene continues to grow.
- Design and development of End User Technology solutions to meet business requirements
- Evaluation of new product and technologies from conceptual review through solution proof of concept
- Partner and collaborate with peers to drive process improvements across all IT towers.
- Monitor emerging technologies and manage current relationships with 3rd party technology vendors
- Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports by establishing work priorities as they perform their duties to achieve company initiatives
- Be responsible for hiring, retaining and mentoring the best talent.
- Be responsible to plan and manage the budget for your teams and projects
- Identify trends and opportunities to enhance business performance; provide recommendations to align the engineering strategy to streamlined operations.
- Maintain visibility into plans across various business units to support incoming growth.
- Establishes and maintains strong vendor relationships
- Sponsor and deliver key project initiatives to implement new services or improve existing services.
- Maintains and manages design of Celgene’s End User Technology Environment
- Ensure Celgene workforce is as effective as possible in the use of our conferencing tools portfolio: reducing the need and costs associated with travel and improving productivity across global teams.
- Ensure proper training and education is delivered to the functional areas in the right way and relevant to how people work, and that we promote our tools and services so our Workforce leverage the right capabilities available to them.
- Develops strategic plans for the enhancement and upgrade of Telecommunication services to support the overall technology post
- Experience building and transforming the End User Technology engineering function in a rapidly growing organization
- 10+ years of experience with running and managing End User Technology Engineering in a global environment.
- 6+ years of supervisory or managerial experience with a proven ability to engage, motivate, evaluate and mentor team members and manager.
- Experience designing and providing End User Technology’s capable of 24x7 business operations with a track record of managing teams that supported engineering highly available services
- Clear understanding of ITIL v3
- Knowledge of related voice and video software; current techniques and hardware capabilities of a large-scale voice communication environments.
- Experience with Microsoft Communications technologies included Office 365, and Skype
- Vendor management experience including contract negotiations, price negotiations, commercial terms, and outsourcing
- Experience with regulatory compliance controls. GxP and SOX are preferred.
- Experience with operating large‐scale, highly available systems through capacity planning, performance tuning, and infrastructure architecture
- Understanding of End User Technology engineering, End User Technology security and how it relates to scaling infrastructure
- P&L experience; ability to create and manage IT budgets, contractor/vendor relations (preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and effectively interact with all levels of management from application developers to the CIO, productivity end users, to Scientists, and C-Suite users.
- Ability to develop and maintain highly effective relationships, internally and externally.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.