Other Locations:Sweden- Kista
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Under the direction of the associate director, finance & business planning and working in close cooperation with all the departments within the affiliates and the shared service center located in the International HQ, the business controller will be responsible for the entire procurement to pay process of all the affiliates’ investments - ensuring appropriate accounting, forecast accuracy and compliance with Celgene policies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation of the tactical plans by providing financial information, ensuring the allocation of the right level of investments against business opportunities. Manage ad hoc analysis requests from executive leadership to support strategic data driven, business decisions.
- Drive the forecast processes for outside expenses related to: quarterly LE, annual budget cycle, 3Y operating plan working in close collaboration with all the departments ensuring alignment with regional and global guidance.
- Prepare and deliver country detailed monthly analysis of actual spent vs budget and/or last estimate. Support the department to be on track with the budget assigned, analyse variances actual vs budget and suggest appropriate corrective actions, as needed.
- Collaborate with the shared service in order to ensure accurate accounting for all the expenses at the closing of the month, quarter, year and make certain that they are supported by all the relevant documentation.
- Manage the expenses tracker system for the countries according to local business needs in order to increase accuracy and control
- Be the main point of contact for:
a) The procurement to pay global team, ensuring that all the information in the database is updated and aligned with Celgene policy (i.e. vendors details, contracts, purchase orders, etc);
b) The team in the affiliate for all the expenses related activities.
- Work in close collaboration with HR to ensure correctness in the allocation of HC costs (cost center, product code, etc) and any eventual cross franchise allocation
- Finance degree in finance & business administration (or CPA equivalent)
- Minimum 3 years of finance & administration experience in International industry
- Knowledge of Hyperion, Oracle, OBI is an advantage.
- Experience in a fast-paced, growing, shared services environment
- Fluency in English is a must
- Willingness to undertake some travel, mainly within the Nordic region
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Very strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work across functions, countries and personnel levels establishing positive working relationships
- Independent self-starter with can do attitude and organised project management skills
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to identify existing or potential deficiencies in operating processes or procedures, recommend solutions, and proactively seek continuous economic and operating efficiencies
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity and change.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong identification with Celgene values